Open today: 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Snorkeling with sea turtles

I wasn't sure what to expect but based on the reviews I was hoping that it'd be good and it turned... read more

Reviewed January 29, 2020
RenaC_from_BC
Hong Kong, China
via mobile
Family snorkel Shigara beach

My 6yo son and I joined a snorkel tour (4 people total plus Mitsu-San the guide) at Shigara beach... read more

Reviewed May 22, 2019
Sarahjmacg
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2016 via mobile

Highly recommend Sea Melt - a one-man operator who speaks Japanese and English. We went during golden Week. We saw turtles and did the pumpkin cave and some snorkeling. The trip was amazing for turtles. Cave was also really awesome and unexpected. Also went to a nice cafe for very authentic miyakosoba, topped off with ice cream and a fruit and flower park at the end of the day.

You either join the tour by following the guide in your rental car or pay a little extra to ride in the guide's car if you don't have a car.

Everything about this day tour was perfect. Well worth it.

Date of experience: May 2016
Sea-Melt-Thanks, オーナー at Sea Melt, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2016

Thank you for tour participation of Sea Melt tour!!
We truly did enjoy to explore in Miyako Island at that day,I really hope that Miyako Island ''Sick'' is improved,hahaha...(^^)v

Reviewed July 21, 2015

Thank you for a wonderful day, the day was made special for me not by the great things that we did or saw, nor by the well organised and run timetable but by your kindness and support to my family who had never been snorkelling before. They were all made to feel comfortable, you provided suitable equipment and showed great patience, all of which invigorated my boys for the day. Would love to go again!

メルトツアーに参加しました。最高の思い出となり、宮古島大好きになりました。
海亀、海へび、大量の魚に洞窟探検、全て網羅した気がします。また遊びに行きます!

Date of experience: July 2015
Sea-Melt-Thanks, オーナー at Sea Melt, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Thank you for the heartful comments!! Hope see you next time!

Reviewed June 25, 2015

Sea Melt was definitely the highlight of our trip! We started the 6-hours package with snorkeling, followed by swimming with sea turtles (we were lucky enough to have seen 2 turtles at once), a delicious Okinawa Soba lunch and finally exploring the 'pumpkin' (limestone) cave.
Our guide, Mitsu-san was great! He gave us great tips on a number of 'hidden' spots on the island - they were all mind-blowing! After the tour, we were invited for dinner with him and his friends at an amazing restaurant with delicious local food!
It was truly a memorable experience! We will definitely be back again!!

Date of experience: June 2015

Thank you for the comments!!
Hope see you coming back soon(*^^*)

Reviewed May 30, 2015

If you are seeking a great day of snorkeling on Miyakojima, I highly recommend Sea Melt! Our guide, Mitsuaki, was friendly, knowledgeable and flexible. We started at Yashimo Beach on the SE corner of the island- featuring a diverse coral reef and amazing variety of fish (a great beach for sunrise, by the way), then to Ikumajima for incredible reefs of stag-horn coral and anemone fish; we stopped at a great lunch place (which I would have never found on my own) for octopus ink soba - delish!, then swam with sea turtles on the south shore. Mitsuaki also helped me identify safe areas for snorkeling on my own. One challenge (for those of us who can't speak Japanese) visiting the outer Okinawan islands is making travel arrangements by phone or email. I signed up for the tour online and they responded in English, communicating several times to be sure I could find our meeting location. (They offer to pick up, if needed.) When I called, the person answering the phone did not speak English, but Mitsauki called me back in a few minutes. An incredible experience - and the highlight of an amazing long weekend on Miyakojima!

Date of experience: May 2015
光昭羽田, オーナー at Sea Melt, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2015

Hi,Michale.! I'm glad to hear of your impressions!! Thank you!!

Reviewed April 9, 2015

My family truly enjoyed snorkeling with the sea turtles and seeing the various coral reefs. Mitsuaki was an awesome guide and instructor. This outing was PRICELESS! The photos are a wonderful keepsake of our spring break vacation. Thank you for sharing the history of Miyako and such an AMAZING snorkeling experience.

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank Laura L
光昭羽田, オーナー at Sea Melt, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2015

Thank you for the participation of Melt-tour(^^♪ I really enjoyed to talk during the move,as well!!