All reviews beautiful hotel calls mobile tokyo bed fridge island airport
Selected filters
Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at hotel locus for 5 nights on our Japan / Okinawa trip with our two children. Hotel is super well located and the staff very helpful. They helped us organise our 4 days, which we filled with surfing, snorkeling and driving to hidden gems! It's in walking distance of many restaurants and also serves great food within hotel itself!! We surely recommend coming and staying here!!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

I visited Miyakojima and the Hotel Locus from September 9-14 and had a wonderful time. The staff was so warm and welcoming, I felt like I was visiting friends. Special thanks to Fumika, who helped me with a driving incident on my first full day on the island. She helped me deal with the police and the car rental agency and could not have been more amazing. A car is a must for visitors to Miyakojima - just be sure to give yourself enough room on both sides of the car, especially if you’re not used to driving on the other side of the road like me. As others have mentioned, parking is a bit limited, but the hotel has made great efforts to find places for its guests to park.

The room was spotless and very comfortable, and had everything I needed (including a fridge and two bottles of water each day). My room faced the port and although I didn’t have a balcony, I enjoyed the huge window and the beautiful view that it provided. I also went up to the Sunset Terrace a few times during my stay and would encourage other guests to check it out. The location of the hotel was very convenient - easy to get to from the airport and to get around the island. I also tried the hotel’s restaurant, Locus Table, a few times and really enjoyed my meals there.

I would absolutely stay here again the next I’m on Miyakojima, which I hope is very soon. Thank you so much Fumika, Haruka, and the staff at Hotel Locus for your hospitality!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Sightsee811307, Rooms at Hotel Locus, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Thank you very much indeed for selecting us out of the many possible places here, we all were so happy to have you here with us. How have you been back in your country? We would like to thank you for your swift reply and are deeply obliged to you for your kind compliments. Your wonderful compliments are the pillars of our support, and we aim to provide our customers with even higher levels of satisfaction. We appreciate your advice to those who might come to visit Miyakojima and would have any possibility to drive on the other side of the road like you in foreign country.   How sweet of you and we have known you are such a heart warmed person. We also will think about your kind advice whenever we may have opportunity to drive on the other side of the road like your experience in Japan. I will absolutely make sure to have myself enough room on both sides of the car not only driving in other country at opposite side but also in Japan since I personally not get use to drive as I have said in the last Email with you. To ensure your comfortable experience here next time, we will continue to try our best to improve our limited parking lots problems as soon as possible.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our room with the harbor port view provided by the huge window in the room. We would recommend trying to stay in the rooms with balcony for your next visit so that you might enjoy having a cup of tea outside watching both sunrise and sunset feeling while feeling sea breeze. Moreover, it is nice to know that you went up to the Sunset Terrace at rooftop. We highly recommend you to get something to drink such as fruit smoothie at Locus Table for the next time going up to the Sunset Terrace. I also like all meals we provide at Locus Table and I believe that our restaurant is one of the best restaurant in Miyakojima. Our restaurant staffs are making improvements with our service and menus and we will contribute to serve the best service and meals to achieve more and more customer satisfaction.

Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime again and we are willing to help with anything to make your next visit more enjoyable.
Once again, we deeply would like to express our sincere thanks for choosing our place.
Our warm hospitality awaits your return sometime soon. Have a lovely day!

Hotel Locus
Rooms
Haruka

Reviewed August 1, 2018

The Hotel is new, the rooms are not too small, well laid out and extremely clean. From the pool, to the restaurant, and the power outlets on the top of the bed. Its great. But the best part by far is the staff.

Thanks to the cute reception girl who lived in Melbourne for a while (and loved st kilda) who i bothered very often about many things and she was always very helpful and kind to me and went out of her way to help.

The staff in the resutrant which i ate at often because the food was really delicious. All of the staff there were very hard working and lovely people, i think i talked to almost all of them at some point, the guy from Tokyo the girl from taiwan, all really great people who looked after me. Thanks so much.

For anyone staying on the island i couldn't recommend this place more. It is worthy of the highest score.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank KelvinTravels
ローカス, ROOMS at Hotel Locus, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Dear. James Travel Advice-sama

Thank you very much for staying with us at Hotel Locus. Also, we appreciate you taking your precious time for reviewing us.   On behalf of the staff, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage and your compliments. We would like to thank you for your swift reply and are deeply obliged to you for your kind compliments.  Your favorable comments has warmed our hearts deeply and we will strive for excellence in our service more and more.

Thank you again for remembering many of our staff in details. We all were so happy to have you here and we are so glad that you seemed that you had a good stay with us the last time. We will offer some of new delicious menu at the restaurant soon, so please come back again.

We eagerly anticipate your next visit and look forward to serving you again. If there is anything that we could help you with for your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime at your convenience. Have a great day! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

The hotel was recently finished building and therefore brand-new. Very stylish and nice design with lovely decorated and cozy rooms - great eye for details! The room was equipped with everything, incl. a fridge, AC, and a balcony facing the port and the sunset and comes with complimentary WiFi. The toilet is separate to the bathroom. A mobile phone is also being provided to take along during one's stay (complimentary internet and calls). Tiny negative point was the rather narrow architecture of the room so that I had to squeeze myself through the open suitcase and the wall in order to get to the bed. There's the opportunity to join a yoga class on the hotel's own rooftop in the morning but also to rent a bicycle to explore the island. Given the limited options of bicycle rentals on the island, this is certainly a plus. There's also a bus station next door which is very convenient for the transfer to the airport (although it runs only about 4x/d). The in-house restaurant serves good food/meals at a mid-price range. One of the nicest hotel and island I've ever stayed for sure. Despite of this fact, the staff at the reception could have been friendlier. Nevertheless, overall very beautiful hotel and happy to come back should I have the chance to do so in the future. I can absolutely recommend staying there.

Room tip: Room facing the port/sea for a nice view.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Pinga123
代表 H, Rooms at Hotel Locus, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Thank you very much for staying us at Hotel Locus.  Yes, we are brand-new hotel just finish building the end of last year. Also, we appreciate your variety of lovely comments in different types of fields. We apologize for the reception was not friendly enough. We will try to improve our hospitality level higher with wearing a big smiles so that more and more guests would be happier. We are always happy to treat our guests with warm hospitality and are willing to do everything to help with our guests whatever possible. In addition to Yoga and bicycle rental, there are more interesting activities we could introduce you such as Snorkeling tour and SUP and more. Hope you could enjoy our in-house restaurant as well. Our restaurant not only basically offers herbal spiced western style meals, but also Okinawan local meals like Okinawa-soup-noodles during tea time and 100% Miyako beef hamburger both at tea time and dinner. Those are our highly recommendations. It is so glad to hear that you are happy to come back again and could recommend staying here. We all are waiting for your next stay with us. Have a great day!

Reviewed May 26, 2018

Very pleasant stay at the Hotel Locus. We booked the corner twin room which is a bigger room and offers great view of the beautiful blue ocean. We booked with breakfast which offer a main dish, there are 4 types to choose from including vegetarian option, and the rest are buffet style including scrambled eggs, salad, cereal, plain yogurt with choice of topping - brown sugar syrup, mango sauce etc. They also offer a different smoothie everyday - dragonfruit with banana, pineapple with coconut and red yam with brown sugar. All are very delicious. Some of the staff could not speak English very well but they try their best to help. Overall a very pleasant stay. Only drawback is that there are limited parking space and if you return to the hotel late, you may end up without a place and will need to park opposite or at the vacant lot which belongs to the hotel next door and is chargeable and expensive.
They also provide a Handy device which you can bring out and use it as a mobile to make call, use Google map, surf the web for info and make calls locally and internationally. It’s provided free of charge. You can also tap onto the device to use it as a portable wifi router.

Date of stay: May 2018
ローカス, FRONT DESK at Hotel Locus, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Dear. Sheue
Thank you very much for reviewing us nicely.  We apologize for the limited parking lots causing inconvenience and would appreciate if you allow us another opportunity to make it right as soon as possible. Also, thank you very much for your warm feedback in details for our breakfast. It is so glad to hear that you could enjoy our breakfast very much. We recommend you to try our dinner menu for your next opportunity. Drinking outside at our terrace seat would be enjoyable this sunny summer season. We are making improvements with our English skills and we appreciate your feedback on this areas to improve not only our English skills but also to provide better service. On behalf of the staff, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage and your compliments. If you could have any other chance to come to visit Miyako-Island again, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime to help you with making your stay better. We eagerly anticipate your next visit and look forward to seeing you again. Have a lovely day!