“Great Place!”

Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Kolonia
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Place!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have been to this restaurant four times and if my two and half weeks experience in Pohnpei counts anything, I would say this is the best food in town. I also like the atmosphere; the restaurant overlooks the bay or lagoon and if you come just before dark you catch a nice sunset. The restaurant is wide open and is very airy.
I met the Australian owner once and told him that he got the strongest Wi-Fi connection of any place in Pohnpei. It was so good that people down below near the water were streaming videos! Then he installed a password, which he would give it to you when you open your computer.
The clientele is mostly Westerners although I did see some Japanese tourists and volunteers (Japanese Peace Corps equivalent). Beer is around $2 and wine $5 a glass and you can get it chilled or at room temperature. So far I have had fish tacos, Pizza, and fisherman’s catch or a similar name. The food was very good.
If you do not have your own transportation, the nice lady at the counter will call a taxi for you. The taxi will be there before you pack your computer. I will be a regular at this place during my stay in Pohnpei.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank SunnyW358

Salem, Massachusetts
“Dive bar, good food, interesting crowd”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

They have amazing smoked tuna pizza, great salads, and fresh sashimi. The drinks are reasonably priced. They have fast wifi! The view is amazing and the crowd is always interesting.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Amanda T
Suva, Fiji
“Good place. Nice view. Good ambiance”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Every thing about it was as pretty good for Pohnpei standards. No choice of music selection. They just play the radio loud. other than that it was a good place for a few drinks and some decent food.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank mark135904
Tempe, Arizona
“Dingy Bar”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband, two friends and I went here for dinner. The location is unique, being in the lower level of an vacant hotel, but unique does not always mean "good". The bar/restaurant is open air and overlooks water. The yellow lightbulbs - the ones that do not attract insects - were burned out, so we had to choose between dining in darkness and being divebombed by bugs, lots of bugs. We ordered and received our drinks quickly, but our food took a full hour to arrive at our table, If the restaurant had been busy, the delay would have been understandable but we were the only people eating, The food was OK: pizza, blackened tuna, and a seafood basket. It is more a dark, dingy bar than a restaurant. We won't be back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank lach_arvada
La Marsa, Tunisia
“Cool, Unique Bar”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This bar is located in the depths of an abandoned hotel. I got a Tommy Bahama feel, but without the snobbery. Great view from a small cliff, and good service. The kitchen had closed when we got there, but they graciously opened it up for us so we could have some late night snacks. Don't forget to buy a shirt!

Visited April 2013