“Real getaway from all - Beautiful setting”
Review of Ukholo Lodge

Ukholo Lodge
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed with Ed for 2 nights after we left Cape Town. This is a great place to just "be". Great hikes starting from the lodge. Orange trees. There is a super cool/happy nice dog. We played for hours. It is a happy place to be. We visited several towns within 150 km from Ukholo. Sleep was great. It is clean. Great value. We also loved talking to Ed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben M

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Ukholo Lodge is perfectly situated if you want to go hiking in the Cedar Bergs. Edmund (and his little cute dog) were very welcoming and friendly, even though we arrived very late that night. The breakfast was great too, such was the dinner. The rooms are nicely decorated, each room has its own flair. You can see that Edmund put in a lot of effort to make this place a nice one. I definitely recommend staying at the Ukholo Lodge!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gabriela N
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was @ Ukholo lodge the last 4 days of my honeymoon.it just completed my dream honeymoon. we got our room "JOY" which was so romantic, we could see the sun rise and we had all the privacy we needed.the atmosphere was what we wanted for our time together in Citrusdal.the fireplace was warm and we will not forget the dinner by the fireplace. The Team there were extremly friendly and helpfull not to forget the exquisite food that was prepared by chef Edmund. if you looking for a quite hideout Ukholo Lodge is the place.

All i would like to say is thank you & i'm definetly coming back....

Shue

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I was in Ukholo Lodge in the third week of February. The serene atmosphere coupled with the friendly disposition of Edmund and his team made my stay an unforgettable experience. I spent two nights at the lodge, and the time I spent got me back in touch with nature. The beautiful surrounding, the vantage view, lush gardens and beautiful flowers coupled with the beautiful room at a give-away price, made my visit to Ukholo Lodge a wise "time-out".

Room Tip: Look out for Peace and Joy rooms. Excellent!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My family and I visited the Ukholo Lodge when our son was a few months old. It was really peaceful and a perfect getaway to recharge as a family. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we returned with a group of friends to celebrate my birthday and again a few months later with 5 other couples as a "family retreat". The lodge offers not only beautifully decorated rooms and stunning scenery, but it is also a safe place where children can play and it is really family-friendly. The owner Eddie is great company and hosted us so well. We will definitely return many more times in future. It's one of our favourite get-out-of-town destinations!

Room Tip: The "Love" room is really spacious and has a great view of the mountain.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We found it very difficult to find accommodation that was pet friendly - some were advertised as such, but were unwelcoming when we enquired about bringing our pets along. Ukholo Lodge was very helpful & accommodating to us & to our pets! It was also lovely to spend days swimming & lazing next to the Olifants River. Thank you Edmund for a lovely stay. Mark, Dee & the three dogs

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The first thing that hits you is the amazing smell of the orange blossoms - the second thing that hits you is the wonderful hospitality! The rooms are gorgeous but I think it's the fact that the lodge just instantly feels like family, a home away from home. We sat under the stars with a burning camp fire and just enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. I would highly recommend the lodge, and I will certainly be going back again and again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends