“Great breakaway”

Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Citrusdal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great breakaway”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Was there over the long weekend. Management and staff were friendly. Pools were great and are open 24 hours. Read some of the bad reviews below but must disagree with them. Its value for your money. Prices are not too high as well. Really enjoyed myself and will defernatly go back again. Only downfall was that there was no Mtn reception or wifi unless you are in the restaurant.

1 Thank Aashiq M
George G, Manager at The Baths, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Many thanks for your positive feedback-much appreciated.
It is very difficult to satisfy every client's needs , but we really try our best.
We look forward to your next visit. - Kind Regards

• Korean first
Köln, Deutschland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

everything was really nice. easy booking via Email, friendly welcome, great spot for camping. Brand new facilities for taking a shower etc. very friendly and nice food at the restaurant. I had a great stay.

George G, Manager at The Baths, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Many thanks for your positive feedback-much appreciated.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Baths are run down”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We last went to the baths before my wife and I got married. It was so terrible that we promised to never go back. 15 years later a work colleague of mine suggested that I go back and stay in the Olsen building and if possible to stay in the honeymoon suite. I had a look at the website and thought to myself that it looks beautiful (I was really excited). Unfortunately the honeymoon suite was not available but we were able to stay in room number 36 in the Olsen's building.
On arrival at the reception it looked wow compared to 15 years ago. Heading to the Olsen's building I thought ok.. this looks new (as all the other buildings still looked the same as they did 15 years ago (old and dilapidated)). We could not go into the room as we arrived early (which is understandable). So the next best thing is to head to the warm swimming pool. In 15 years the only thing that has changed with the pool is that there is a lot more algae in the pool. Heading to the Jacuzzi..... I am sure it is the same ones that we used 15 years ago ... the jets hardly worked and it felt like I was sitting is a bath with hot water. We eventually made our way to the rock pools. This was new and we really enjoyed that (pity it is so small).
Finally we got to go to the room and it looked nothing like the websites photos. It looked dark and dingy with a pungent smell that reminded me of a hospital. The mattresses were old and worn out. From the outset my daughter and I wanted to leave and it was not long after that, that my wife agreed. I went to reception and stated my case and wanted to know if there was a better room or a refund. The answer is a flat no (no apology, no ... can we change the matters, nothing). The net result was that we left and I can promise you I will not return soon. At least 15 years later I can write a bad report about The Baths.

5 Thank DimitriMerritt
George G, Manager at The Baths, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Unfortunately the resort was fully booked and nothing else was available.
No mentioning of an uncomfortable mattrass was raised by the client. In fact they did not sleep on it because they left just before 5pm.
The hot swimming pool was clean and are maintained on a daily base. We received no other complains about the pools.
The indoor private baths do need upgrading and we are busy replacing them.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very relaxing”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We received a very prompt reply both to our booking inquiries and subsequent booking. Although we had to postpone our arrival due to a funeral and arrived late at night the manager waited for us and helped us in a very friendly way. The amenities were a pleasure to use especially the rock pool at night. We shall definitely come again and can recommend "The Baths" to others. It was a worthwhile stay away from the usual noise of the city.

1 Thank Siggi980
George G, Manager at The Baths, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Much appreciated and many thanks for the feedback.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“management botches booking and refuses to take responsibility.”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Our booking was totally botched. We requested a luxury unit with fireplace, jacuzzi and spare room for our daughter 6 weeks in advance. What we got instead was a one "bedroom" cottage with a shower and no fireplace. One would think that we would at the very least gotten an apology but instead we were accused of not making the correct booking. By implication we were also accused of lying when we were informed that the person who took our booking hadn't in fact taken it but said booking had been made by the manager. How the did we know the person who actually took out reservation's name. Such a pity that this place has deteriorated to this extent.

4 Thank Marco G
George G, Manager at The Baths, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
According to the receptionist , no booking , but only enquiries were made with her.
I personally took the booking , and I certainly will not give you an orange if you requested an apple. I allways try to satisfy a client's needs. The only 2 chalets with 2 seperate bedrooms, fireplace and private bath(jacuzzi) is 1 km out the resort ( Jimmy + Willy,) and most people want to be close to all the facilities.