“Outstanding Cuban Food”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2012

While in Doral/Miami we wanted to try Cuban food since none is available where we live in northern Alabama. There were five of us in our group. Past TripAdvisor reviews recommended the food and downgraded the service. Our experience was excellent all the around. Our waiter, Armando, could not have been more accommodating. Our group had numerous questions since none of us were experienced in Cuban food, and Armando graciously answered all of them. I ordered Vaca Frita with onions and my wife ordered Cacerola Mariscos Enchi. Both these dishes were outstanding and nothing like we had ever tried before. The Yuqita Frita as an appetizer was simular to fried potatoes but different and very good. The prices were great, our dinner (my wife and I) came to $54 and included drinks and desert. I do not recall what the others ordered in our group, but everyone said it was one of the best dining experiences they had had. Serving sizes were ample for everyone. I would unconditionally recommend this restaurant to anyone interested in Cuban food.

1  Thank DonH31
There are newer reviews for La Carreta Restaurant

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We love this restaurant. This is some really good Cuban food. I always have "Vaca Frita" with Onions (Grilled thinly Shredded Beef and Onions, With Moros Rice and Plantains). It's killer. The Yuca frita (fried) is really good too. My wife gets Churrasco Carretero Char-broiled Skirt Steak with Chimi-churri then we share. My wife loves orchata and she says it one of the best she has gotten at a restaurant. In general when I walk out of a restaurant I like to feel full and that I got a fair amount of food for the price I paid. I feel this way about La Carreta. I would agree with some of the other reviews that the servers are just ok. Many of them seem to have an attitude of entitlement and that you are just another customer (it has always been full when I'm there). You could say that is a "Miami" thing. For me the food is so good I chose to ignore the average servers but what if they could get that fixed ????

2  Thank diamondback818
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great food,had the skirt steak with chimichurri sauce rice and black beans. They have over twelve desserts homemade

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We know this place for over 15 years and food is good and service is excellent. Also very good price.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Sunday Morning - Breakfast Buffet! Had it ALL! Everything that you can possibly want out of a CUBAN home-style cooked breakfast. Croquettes, Empanadas, Scrambled eggs with Ham, grits, oatmeal, beef straganoff! And the price was absolutely UNBEATABLE!!!!!

3  Thank ARLENE S

Been to La Carreta Restaurant? Share your experiences!