“Great Place For Lunch”

Restaurante Monserrate
Ranked #53 of 257 Restaurants in Doral
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin, Spanish, South American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Serving Miami the best Colombian cuisine since 1974
Miami, Florida
“Great Place For Lunch”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

My colleagues and I go once a month and love it. Service is fast and food is GREAT. Said today I want to bring my wife for dinner soon.

• Visited February 2012

Arlington, Virginia
“Chew Toy with Sauce”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

A colleague had raved about the restaurant for so long that a group of us finally went for lunch. When we left no one wanted to be the first to say anything but finally someone broke and said "is that what it was supposed to taste like?" A member of our group who is familiar with Colombian cuisine gave us an emphatic "no". My meal was made up of a steak that was like a dog's chew toy covered in sauce and plantains that had been cooked into complete mush. Maybe we just went on an off day...

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Dotties_mom
Spring, Texas, United States
“Excellent Colombian From From Cundinamarca Region”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This restaurante is named after a place in the mountains of Bogota, Colombia - Monserrate. The food is typical from the Andes Mountain regions in Bogota, Colombia. Grilled chorrizo, morcilla, chicarron, patacones, sopa de ajiaco. Dishes that I highly recommend is picada monserrate which is cices of chorrizo, morcilla, chicarron, and patacones. Also recommend el churrasco and ajiaco. The fruit drinks a fresh and delicious! I recommend the blackberry juice in milk.

Prices can range to $12.00 to $16.00 and its worth it. The location of this restaurant is really close to Miami airport.

• Visited January 2011
Chicago, IL
“Awesome !”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Awesome food ! We took the recommendation from Tripadvisor & we were not disappointed. Very good food, I got the grilled steak was not overly seasoned however the server put chimicurra sauce on the table and it was incredible, so you could season the steak with as much or no extra seasoning. My husband got the chicken equally delicious. Great service ! We will be back !

Miami, Florida
“Colombian food at its best”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Monserrate is right in the middle of Doral, in a shopping center full of restaurants. They serve delicious colombian food and usually during lunch it's pretty crowded but you can get a seat usually. They have daily specials for lunch every single day of the week. I have tried the Morraja Frita (whole fried fish) with 2 sides and it was delicious and I think it was around $12. Their prices are not bad and their food is authentic colombian. Also I have tried the "Bandeja Paisa" and it was good however the serving portion is not a lot, I had bigger Bandeja Paisas in the past.

Good place to go if you are visiting Doral.

Visited April 2011