“Not as healthy as claims suggest.” 2 of 5 stars

305-436-0220
Website
Improve this listing
The World
“Not as healthy as claims suggest.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I am on a juice cleanse and I chose this cafe because its headline is "The Healthy Eating Alternative." Unfortunately that is not so. I ordered the Peanut Butter way - soy milk, yoghurt, bananas and peanut butter. My friend ordered the Mango Tango - passion fruit juice, mango, banana and yoghurt. When I got my smoothie, I took a sip and immediately felt something was missing. After a couple more sips, I realised that I could not taste the bananas. I had already paid and made my way out of the store by then but I went back to verify that banana was indeed in the shake as my friend was unable to taste bananas in hers either. When I asked the cashier/ smoothie maker if there was any banana in my smoothie her response was no. I was puzzled as I remember banana being one of the ingredients and so that was my next question. She replied that yes banana was one of the ingredients but they were out of bananas and so there wasn't any in my smoothie. This she had not bothered to tell me at all from the moment I ordered the shake till the time I walked out. This infruriated me. And remember that Healthy Eating Alternative tag line? Her passion fruit juice came out of a machine and the mangos were fresh out of the can. The only juicing equipment I could see was the orange juicer. The cashier's failure to tell me about the absence of bananas in my smoothie was heinous for a cafe that claims to cater to a healthy clientele. Instead of a smoothie with bananas like I ordered I received a smoothie devoid of any fruit and that is unacceptable.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Miami beach
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Must Experience with a Blue Teddy Bear”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I went to Doral Smoothie Cafe and had the Best Veggie wrap, no really a Veggie Wrap???
But yes a Veggie wrap, I didn't tell my carnivore friends but I can tell you all, Its the best I had the strawberry smoothie it was an explosion of fresh TASTY fruit I thought I was in Europe actually tasting the fruit and I could make them all by name BLINDFOLDED/Publix isn't a pleasure.
anyways the owner is this really cute person, I received a Blue Teddy bear as a gift for no apparent reason...How cool... go see and you may not receive a blue teddybear however you will also type in a comment I guarantee.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank yves b
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE BEST SMOOTHIES EVER....FIT OF PASSION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

The Salmon Burger and Carrot Cilantro Soup are the best I ever eat. All the soups are home made and daily made. Some vegeterian meals are great and the smoothies are made with real fruit and no sugar!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Nathy2726
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I am in love with the Salmon Wrap!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

I am in love with the Salmon Wrap!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook