“Hole in the wall with great food!”

El Tropico Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 297 Restaurants in Doral
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Aloft and didn't want to the typical chain restaurant we decided to drive down the street to see what we can find and found the is place!
It's in a plaza and doesn't really appeal much to make u want to walk in and order but we did and was so glad we did!
I ordered Pallimino steak and my boyfriend ordered the boliche, ripe plantains and white rice. So good! Very delicious. The Boliche was very flavorful but didn't seem to be fresh ( made the same day). There were no complaints other than that.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Been there also many times, the breakfast is great and lunch is also great. Very friendly staff. Priced are cheap

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This meat was excellent tender, tasty with amazing flavor. I oder surgerencia del Chel with white rice, tostone. My friend order chicken in mushroom sauce with rice and bean and vegetable. Great portion cheap price, fast service and friendly staff. I will definitely come back to eat the meat.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Tried the restaurant based on the recommendation of the Jorge, the front desk person at the Hampton Inn which is next door to this plaza where the hotel is located

The portion were large and the food was pretty good. The wait staff was courteous and attentive

Try the cuban coffee, it was pretty good

Reviewed April 24, 2013

palamillo steak and yellow rice were delicious. The garlic bread they provide is delicious too. I would definitely go back