“Good Quick Lunch”

Cross street: 82nd Ave
Maraval, Trinidad
“Good Quick Lunch”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We were looking for a quick meal on our way to the airport and this restaurant was visible on 36th St so we gave it a try. We were not disappointed, the service was reasonably quick and the food was good but not great.

They advertise free Wi-Fi, which we got. I was surprised however when I was required to login with a password. When I asked for the password, the guy who was cleaning the floor offered to and did enter the password. I am not sure if he was being very helpful or the password was a secret, nevertheless it worked.

• Visited December 2013

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“We can seat you, but food will take an hour.”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Epic Failure as a restaurant. I don't care how you get food onto a table, but if you think that an acceptable way to greet a customer is "we are understaffed and food will take an hour"
you should turn the lights off and get out of the restaurant business. Just shut the door and go find a new career.

1 Thank hazmat1212
Land O Lakes, Florida
“Nice for leisurely dinner”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Went with a friend I had not seen in 35 years. We were given a corner booth and we had a great time catching up. The food was good with large portions. Steven was our server and he allowed us to move at our own pace without pressuring us. We had a great time and loved the fact that the restaurant wasn't moving people in and out. Prices were reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
“Awful service and overpriced lunch”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I ordered a lunch meal that, according to the menu, came with a salad. When I ordered it, the waitress didn't ask me which salad I would like or say anything about the salad at all. The main course came with no sign of a salad and I asked about it and she very rudely explained that I have to ask for the salad. I've never had to ask for something that was supposed to come with the meal. The meal was over $11 which is very steep if it is just the entree, so I asked for a discount since I didn't get my salad. I then had to argue with her about it, and when I asked to speak to a manager I was completely blown off. The manager never came to our table because he was "too busy". I finally had to threaten to walk out just to get a discount because I didn't get my salad that was supposed to be included. The waitress also never refilled our drinks while were there.

1 Thank Redraiderhobo
Miami
“Freezing cold and drinks tasted awful!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The restaurant was so cold that both my Mother and I even with jackets on were freezing. Please management, turn up the a/c! I had angel hair pasta with artichokes and added shrimp, for $16+ I thought I should have had more than six teeny tiny shrimp and a couple of artichokes. I did not think it was great value for the money although it tasted good. The other three people in our lunch party got better value and two of the three had sufficient food to take home a box of food for dinner. My portion was much smaller. The drinks did not taste good, I had unsweetened ice tea and it tasted metallic, I swapped it for a club soda and that also tasted metallic. The very nice waitress, Kathy compted our drinks and gave me a diet coke instead which actually tasted ok. Must have been from another machine. The service was good but I was less than impressed with my particular lunch choice or the temperature of the restaurant. However, the place was packed so I am obviously in a minority! Would really have to be persuaded to go back in all honesty.