“The TV's are OK...”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 82nd Ave
Reviewed October 18, 2012

What a rotten day - flight delays forced me to stay overnight in Miami. I found a good hotel on Trip Advisor, but one of the elevators and the elevator lobby were under repair and the work was rather loud all afternoon.

At dinner time, Carino's looked appealing and was walking distance from the hotel, so we gave it a try. We were pleased the wine was 2-for-1 and was quite acceptable. The burned garlic in the dipping oil for steaming hot loaves of unsliced bread should have sent us running out the front door.

My husband ordered pasta with seafood, asking for marinara sauce and told the waiter "not spicy" as this was an option mentioned on the menu. The sauce was not spicy, but it wasn't marinara, either. The waiter said that the only "not spicy" sauce was alfredo, which was what arrived, and that the marinara sauce is pre-made spicy. BTW, the menu shows that non-spicy tomato sauce is available, but the waiter must have forgotten that. Whose idea was it to make marinara sauce spicy? Yuck!

It had been 5 months since I was near the ocean, and I love mahi mahi when it's fresh and not overcooked, so that's what I ordered. The preparation, with tiny tomato bits, mushroom, summer squash, spinach and artichoke, tasted wonderful (I did not notice the lemon pepper), but the fish was overcooked and probably not real fresh. I left most of it uneaten. The angel hair pasta was somewhat overcooked. The waiter was somewhat apologetic but did nothing on the bill.

The only good thing about this experience was that the multiple wide screen muted TV's allowed us to watch Detroit Tigers sweep the Yankees for the AL Championships, which is great, though I'm not sure all readers here are "D" fans. Live with it.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We went in for dinner and wow what a place the food here is spectacular and world class
The people were so nice and made you feel so welcome it was so good we went back three times Loved it it's a must go and try , you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Bland and boring food.
Garlic was burnt in the garlic bread dipping oil. Penne Marinara was just like chunks of tomato from a tin of tomatoes and pasta tasted like pasta from school dinners - overcooked. Small kids shouting, screaming and running around the area next to our table. Will not be visiting again.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Good all around, service great food with lots of choices. Also a good location from the hotel.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I love this place because of the fast service & friendly service we receive each time we go. Good staff, good price and easy to find. My favorite plate is Shrimp Scampi and seafood fetucinni.