“Nice Hotel”

Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Doral
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We had a double bedroom Suite. Nice decor and huge bathrooms with double sinks and a large walk in shower and bathtub. The only thing that killed me was the way too soft bed. We had a small kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator and sink. Location is near airport, so nothing is close by. You need a car and have to drive to get to somewhere interesting. On the other hand it is quiet.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 27, 2011

Could not sleep on the beds!
They are memory foam and they must have remember the last 200 people that stayed in the room!
I complained and they didn't do a dame thing about it!
I am going back to the the Marriott next door!

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I have been to numerous hyatt hotels. This one has great rooms and helpful service but do not go to the spa. The pool is very small and uninviting and the spa is the worse. Again, I have been to the Hyatt in Bonita Springs and Orlando and they were great experiences. The spa is an afterthought at this hotel. The therapist did not speak any English and brought her cell phone into the the session. I ordered a Swedish massage and she only worked on my back. I wanted to use the sauna after the massage but they do not have one. I opted for a shower but found used shampoos and soaps in the stalls. I had to ask for a towel and new products. If you are in Miami and you want a spa experience go the spa that is attached the Doral that is managed by the Marriott. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE.....

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2011

The place was very good overall. I had no issue with service or the rooms but you don't really get the feel of luxury here. I think that just comes down to the lay out of the property. All rooms are suite, so it would be very nice to plan an extended vacation with family or friends. The bathroom was very nice and offers one of the best showers with fantastic water pressure and shower head to go with it =)
The location was a bit off if you're planning to visit the downtown often or the beaches. But then again, the drive wasn't too bad to downtown at around 20 minutes. The bedroom is very modern with 42" flat screen. I would recommend this place to people and I wouldn't mind booking this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I would normally stay somewhere a lot more central, but on this visit to Miami, most of my business was in and around Doral, so I thought I would give this place a try. In a word, it is fantastic. Upon check-in, I was advised that I had been upgraded to room 512, a two-story, three-bedroom villa. At over 2,000 square feet, there was no complaint about having enough space, plus there were four full baths, a full kitchen, dining area, and a living room complete with a 42" flat panel TV. The master bedroom also had a whirlpool tub and a separate oversize shower (why I can't find places like this when I'm travelling with the family is beyond me, but I seem to find them when travelling alone!). There is also a furnished balcony on both the main and second floor that overlooks a fairway on the Doral golf course.

The front desk staff, and staff in the restaurant and lounge were all very professional and pleasant. While the menu in the restaurant (5300 Chop House) is not that extensive, the 3 nights I ate there, it was very good.

Overall, if you're travelling to Miami and it isn't critical to be near the beach, you've gotta give the Blue a try...you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2010

The resort is beautiful, impecable service. We reserved the "Amour Package" rate to celebrate our anniversary. A beautiful basket with Champagne and chocolate covered fresh strawberries was waiting for us and in-room breakfast (Congrats to the chef). The room is beautiful, brand new carpet, Refrigerator Microwave, Huge closets, sofas and table for our wonderful in-room breakfast. The bathroom is amazing (Spa Style) with TV, jetted bathtub, separate shower. We thank Ingrid for making sure everything was well taking care of. She is very professional and definetely made the difference. We've been to many hotels in Miami, but nothing compares to the Blue.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Stayed Hyatt Miami at Blue for one night. It was not far from airport area,so I just booked
this hotel without much expectation. Once I get my room,my first word was wow. Very nice and spacious room with good size balcony overlloking golf course. Spacious bathroom with jaccuzzi bath and separate shower. Nice kitchen. Great staff at front desk. My expectation was just a standard room with Hyatt quality, but this hotel is far above that. The only downside was staff at the restaurant for breakfast. With such a great hotel, it is shame that these staff makes total score down about this hotel. Their service overall, friendliness, promptness, prefessionalism, all disqualified.
But I give "Excellent" as other staff and hotel qualifies for it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelProNewYork
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
InterContinental at Doral Miami
Best Western Plus Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall
Marriott's Villas at Doral
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
Element Miami Doral
Element Miami Doral
#5 of 23 in Doral
Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!