Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
Hampton.com
$124
$123
Hyatt.com
InterContinental at Doral Miami(Doral)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Pool
Aloft Miami Doral(Doral)(Great Value!)
$106
$94
$134
Courtyard
$114
BestWestern.com
1,195 results
All reviewsgolf coursechop housefull kitchenjacuzzi tubthree bedroombedroom villafront deskrooms are hugegolf viewrain showernice kitchengreat poolkitchen areamin drivesouth beachhome away from homebusiness trip
Reviewed March 16, 2009

The Blue is a newish (enough for SatNav not to find it, it was the taxi drivers first trip also) hotel in Doral, Miami, Florida; about 20 minutes or a $35 taxi ride from Miami International Airport.
Being new it was obviously clean, and modern looking. The staff were welcoming, and helpful, but perhaps lacking the polished service of some establishment with a little more experience.
Once checked in, and escorted to our rooms there were a couple of issues with the light switches, again because it appeared that staff were unfamiliar with their surroundings. What was also missing in the room was the lack of any information about the hotel facilities; room service, bars, restaurants, etc, etc. There were plenty of pamphlets about the Hotel Spa, and local yellow pages. Coffee & tea making facilities were provided, and topped up each day, but no water in the fridge, but plenty of ice cubes in the very large ‘Kitchen Aid’ fridge freezer. Infact the kitchen with large island/breakfast bar was quite well equipment, with a dishwasher & combined steamer, convection, and microwave oven, and an electric hob. There were limited utensils, plates, glasses, and cutlery etc, but we managed. What was surprising was an apartment equipped with three LCD flat screens (one in the bathroom), a Jacuzzi, DVD player, MP3 player, hair drier, iron & ironing board, safe and free high speed WiFi, was the fact that the cupboard containing the washing machine & tumble drier was locked, and not available to guests??? After phoning reception it appears that each apartment was owned privately, and managed by the hotel. This was not made clear in the hotels web site.
Initially concerned that the location in the Doral area of Miami was a bad choice, soon turned out to be the right choice. It was excellent for getting to all parts of the greater Miami area, and southern Florida, including the Keys. Also having visited a number of the rather run down Hotels in over priced South Beach, and looked at some of the big name hotel chains around the airport, The Blue Doral proved to be an inspired choice.
If you into your golf as either a player or spectator The Blue is also a good choice. The hotel might be lacking in a wide choice of facilities that you might be used to or might expect. But there is so much to do in Miami, you will not miss any of them.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1971Nomad
Reviewed March 2, 2009

After arriving we did not want to leave! The front office manager did an exceptional job of reserving the perfect room for us and attending to our needs until our departure the following day. We were greeted by a crew of very friendly and hospitable staff members. The rooms are indeed very spacious and well kept. The decor and attention to detail are impeccable. The only kink was the breakfast service which I am sure will be ironed out, it was their first day of service and they were quick to correct any mistakes that were made. I am usually very reluctant to stay in any hotel, but after my stay at The Blue I must admit that I cannot wait to return.

1  Thank Travel007Usa
Reviewed March 2, 2009

My fiancee and I stayed at The Blue for my birthdate and it really exceeded our expectation. Upon check in I said to the lady in the Front Desk, Mrs. C. Beltran from Venezuela, that it was my birthdate and we had a little talk while she was checking us in. 15 minutes after we arrived at our beautiful suite, someone from room service was at the door with a bottle of wine and a happy birthdate letter from the Front Desk staff. That was a magnificent detail which made me feel very special and it touched me deeply. Mrs. C. Beltran knows how to make a customer happy. A big ten for her!!!..
We stayed in room 315, a junior suite overlooking whole 8. Beautiful view of the golf course. Our unit was impecable all over. The furniture very art deco, in the bathroom, the hot tub was an extra bonus, The blue is a great place to stay while in Miami with a great location near everything. We know that we will be going back to The Blue in a heart beat.

1  Thank Caribbeanpearl
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Stayed 1 day precruise, and was so impressed with the rooms & staff, booked for post cruise extended stay. The new property is a 15 min drive to the cruise port, the rooms were impeccable, spacious, well appointed, the staff very friendly and eager to please. Lovely view of golf course, pool area stunning.Allowing for a bit more time to get things smoothly running, the liquor license & blender had just arrived, but not the pina colada mix, this property will be a perfect fit to the prferred brands. Kudos for reading your comment cards, nice to see napkins on the room service trays!

Reviewed March 1, 2009

I made reservations to hotel to get away from the everyday hassles of life. To my surprise, the experience at this hotel was absolutely remarkable. From the huge rooms and fabulous bathroom, to the view from your balcony, the full kitchen to the GREAT customer service, this hotel had it all. I was able to receive some spa services and the therapist was extraordinary. I dined at the 5300 Chophouse and along with excellent service, especially the bartender, the food was amazing. The executive chef greeted every guest there and I would definitely return to this resort!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo