“Dissappointing”

Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Doral
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Just read all the terrible reviews this hotel has, they say it ALL. Nothing has been done to repair the problems here. The kitchens are still under equipped, the bathrooms still leak, the curtains are still falling down, the carpets are still dirty, the pool & poolside still needs to be cleaned more often, the TV channels need to be better, more furniture on the balcony the list goes on and on! The staff need to DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING to help, instead of just apologizing. High points were the size of rooms, the quality of the beds and kitchen appliances worked (the little that there was). And I'm guessing I'll get the standard apology from management with a promise to fix things LOL.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first and don't unpack until you're sure you have a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank RaezoR57
Write a ReviewReviews (1,094)

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms are huge and well equipped with everything you need. The staff is phenomenal and customer service is a key priority. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you found the room to be well equipped and our customer service to be spectacular! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

What an amazing 'hotel', if you can call it that. It's more of a full service condo! Must see to believe. I stayed there during a work trip with pre-negotiated rate, so not sure of regular rates or if it's worth it, but price aside, it is definitely a high end facility in every respect. I slept great as well, which is rare for me in hotels with my neck and joint issues.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Miami at The Blue. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your experience and found your room to beyond your expectations. Your feedback is our greatest compliment and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort the next time your travel brings you back to Miami!

Ryan Hendriks - Director of Rooms

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

This franchise hotel has the potential to be a great spot. Unfortunately, there is almost no effort put into anything. I walked into the room and thought it was excellent until I noticed wallpaper peeling and a non-functioning bathtub. The cleaning service is fine, but there is no effort put into fixing up the rooms. The food there is a nightmare. Ask for Juan Carlos to drive you places. He is very nice and was the best part of the hotel experience.

1  Thank JosephCritiques

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We regret to hear that we failed to meet your expectation, It is and will always be our commitment to provide our guests with a value hotel option and an enjoyable vacation experience. I would love the opportunity to further discuss with you and can be reached at 305-640-6635 or via email at ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed here from 3/15-3/17 on a Hyatt Stay Certificate. Check in was a breeze and the girl was very friendly. Upon asking her about restaurants she of course recommended 5300 ChopHouse as well as gave me a sheet of paper with all local dining places.
We were in the first building past the lobby, while parking and the outside of the rooms were a bit dissapointing but the rooms more than made up for it! Everything about the room was perfect!

On Check out day we decided to sit poolside and have some cocktails and lunch. Pool area was very nice and the water was warm. There was a bar poolside but not open. I had to go in and order drinks and food. Burgers were delicious and the beers were COLD!

If you can get by the parking and exterior of the building you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bsmooth

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay.
We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we certainly look forward to your return!

Regards

Director of Rooms
ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I am a regular at this property. Cynthia and Meryl at the Front Desk always make my stay great! Alexjandra in the Dining Room is fantastic as well. I'll be back soon. All the rooms are condo style, the pool is always inviting. Good beer and wine selection, very kid friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment of your time to provide us with such excellent feedback. I am Happy to read that you found the service to be spectacular. We have a great staff that prides themselves on providing exceptional service. I hope we can welcome you back to Hyatt Miami at The Blue in the near future!

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

My advice is to save some money and stay elsewhere. The condo style rooms are huge with modern furniture and a nice kitchen. The accolades end there. Even though the Wifi is free, it's basically unusable. The rooms come with only 24 channels and not the golf channel even though it's on one of the most known golf courses in the world. Lastly, it wasn't clean as the carpets were full of hair. If it was $150 a night, I wouldn't complain. At $400, there should be a higher standard.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Soki816

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is through comments like yours that we are able to constantly improve the quality of service that we provide.
We sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay at our property and would like to assure you it is not the level of service we aim to provide.
Should I be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Ryan Hendriks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
InterContinental at Doral Miami
Nuvo Suites
Nuvo Suites
#18 of 23 in Doral
Marriott's Villas at Doral

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!