“Miami is only in the title”

Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Doral
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Miami is only in the title”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

If you are coming to Florida to golf and relax, this is a great place. We stayed there for one night with points, so while I can't speak to value I think this place fits the bill.
Not much in the way of service or staff, it isn't really a hotel as much as an apartment complex next to a golf course, so you almost have to think of it that way in terms of amenities. We didn't do breakfast there but there are quite a few choices within a short distance. The pool was big and quiet.
The best part of this stay was the rooms. They are literally apartments, we had a huge kitchen and living room along with the sizeable bedroom. Multiple bathrooms. This is a place where you set up for a longer stay.
Location is poor. If you are looking for beach or downtown nightlife, this is not your place. You can always drive to those places, and it is a short drive, but it won't be right outside your door. Much more of a family/golf place. There are a few restaurants close, but nothing jumped out. Overall, would definitely recommend, especially for families and those on more of a budget.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for such wonderful comments! We are so glad to hear that you had a great time during your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our hotel's amenities! We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and look forward to hosting your stay in the future!

Regards

ryan.hendriks@hyatt,com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is a lovely place to stay in Miami. But their customer service is definitely lacking, which may make you adjust your plans somewhat.

PROS:
HUGE accommodations. More like condos than hotel rooms.
Comfy, TempurPedic style mattresses
Nice pillows
Good linens and towels
Bathrobes included (mine was a little worn but still usable)
Big bathrooms with whirlpool tubs and televisions
Kitchens included with good appliances
Lots of storage space for clothes
Big, HDTV in living area
Large patio with furniture, lighting and ceiling fan
Nice living area with couch and side chairs
Desk/workspace very workable
Free WIFI (always like that)
Room service available

CONS:
No vending or convenience store of any kind on site
Huge property so you need a ride to your building if you don't have a car
If you don't have a car,the walk to the main building can be very, very long in the Miami temps
Bad lighting throughout
VERY expensive room service (breakfast of an omelette and a drink was almost $30)
Not tech friendly as far as convenient outlets are concerned. Take a power strip if you use your phone as your alarm clock (as I do) as there were no extra outlets by the beds or nightstand.

Shuttle will only take you to certain places. For example, upon check in, they told me the shuttle would be able to take me to WalMart (3 miles away) if I needed anything. They also said it would take me to my meeting location the next morning (3.5 miles away). This information on the meeting site was critically important to me. The following morning, they refused to have the shuttle take me to my meeting, even going so far as to say, "YOU will have to call a cab (notice THEY didn't want to call the cab for me). When I explained what they had told me the previous morning, they informed me I had been misinformed and reiterated that I would have to call a cab. They also told me it would be at least "20-30 minutes before a cab would even arrive" as cabs were 'scarce' in this part of Miami/Doral.

Luckily for me, a departing guest heard the situation and offered to share his cab with me - one that was arriving in five minutes. If it weren't for this lovely guest, I'd have been late for my meeting, thanks to this hotel.

The hotel NEVER apologized for the misunderstanding, never offered to go ahead and take me to the meeting site (which was literally five minutes away) and basically just stared at me in the lobby as I waited with the other gentleman for the cab.

As I said, facilities are lovely; staff is simply unacceptable.

I would NOT stay there again without a vehicle. And I would get ANY promises from this staff from a manager on duty or in writing prior to staying there.

Room Tip: If you do not have a vehicle, try to get an accommodation as close to the main reception area as pos...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelMommy1
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
We regret to hear that we failed to meet your expectation, It is and will always be our commitment to provide our guests with a value hotel option and an enjoyable vacation experience. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay at our property and would like to assure you it is not the level of service we aim to provide. I hope that you will be willing to give us a second chance to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any assistance planning your next visit, I can be reached at 305-640-6635 or via email at ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2013

All I can say is wow the staff there are top notch helped us to book a ride to the dolphin game had a great time would book again in a heart beat the rooms are very big clean a very nice place the pool is large and clean the front desk were very helpful

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review! We are extremely glad that you had a great overall experience at the Hyatt Miami at the Blue. It sounds like your stay was made enjoyable by our friendly and outgoing staff! Our team members genuinely enjoys getting to know our guests and making them feel welcome. Again, we thank you for all of your comments. Looking forward to your return! Please contact us should you need any assistance on planning a future vacation.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night before taking a cruise. With rental car it is within an easy drive to the airport and surrounding restaurants. From the airport you can get a shuttle to the port.

The room was very large with nice kitchen, living room, two large bathrooms and a very large room. The room is very contemporary in decor. Our only complaint was that the bed was very low to the ground. We got in late and close parking was difficult to find.

The front staff were very attentive and friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheTravelingTipstet
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for such wonderful comments!
We are so glad to hear that you had a nice time during your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our suite amenities! We apologize any inconvenience caused to you by the level of the bed. We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and look forward to hosting your stay in the future!
Lerici, Italy
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for few weeks. Relaxing hotel, comfortable bed, spacious clean rooms,very friendly staff and service all over the hotel area, nice quiet pool area, beautiful golf course with walking/running track all around. Small gym with everything one needs. Laundry service expensive for long stay purposes but there is a coin laundry close by. Parking right in front of room, also bus stop just outside hotel entrance. Publix, Wallmart, Walgreens, Dolphin mall and International Mall close to hotel. Overall great!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Hyatt Miami at the Blue! It was a pleasure to provide you with a seamless stay. I am thrilled every experience you had exceeded your expectations and hope we get the opportunity to continue to welcome you back in the future!
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We spent seven nights at Hyatt at The Blue. I'd say it was a pleasant and nice experience. We stayed at room 1011.

The room is spacious. Bed is comfortable. Sleep quality is very good. Furniture and decoration are in good conservation condition.

Room 1011 is at the second floor of lodge number 10. Although it faces the golf course it wasn't possible to see the course due to the vegetation.

Bathroom is huge. Shower delivers a great and strong water flux. Temperature control is precise and constant.

About the location, this hotel is about 25 min from Miami Beach. Surroundings seemed very secure and well urbanized. Nonetheless, I strongly recommend renting a car, specially if you are on a tourism trip.

I've had three downsides during my experience at this Hyatt:
1) Room maids sometimes didn't take all of the trash out of the room.
2) Kitchen utensils are limited. I've had to buy a spatula.
3) Retrieving a packaged delivered for me at the front desk often took several minutes.

Room Tip: If you want a view from the golf course you should ask for a third floor room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us, we truly appreciate your comments.Please accept our apologies for the challenges experienced during your stay. I will pass along your feedback to the appropriate team members so that we can prevent the same challenges from occurring in the future.
Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you would allow us to host your stay.
Jundiai, SP
Reviewed November 23, 2013

It is a good hotel to stay in Miami. The apartments are big and very comfortable, the units have a kitchen, an amazing bathroom and balconies. Close to the Dolphin Mall and the International Mall, but a bit far from other Miami attractions. I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: I would recommend the units in the second floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such wonderful comments!

We are so glad to hear that you had a nice time during your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our hotel's amenities!

Director of Rooms
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
InterContinental at Doral Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall
Marriott's Villas at Doral
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
Best Western Plus Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!