“Very large rooms”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Doral
New York, NY
“Very large rooms”
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Hyatt Miami at Blue for at least five weeks over the past six months, and here are my thoughts:

Pro: Rooms - The rooms at this hotel are very large, especially the bathrooms. Each room is equipped with a kitchen, balcony, living room and dining area.

Pro: Beds - At first glance, the beds don't appear comfortable, but appearances can be deceiving. I slept very well every evening.

Pro: Staff - The service at this hotel is very good. They quickly take care of requests. If valets see you walking around the property, they quickly offer you a ride in their vans or golf carts to get you where you are going.

Pro: Food - I've ordered food service and groceries multiple times here, and I have eaten at the hotel restaurant. Food was pretty good each time.

Pro & Con: I loved the pool. It was heated and is open 24 hours. However, there were a couple times when it seemed to go without a cleaning because there were plenty of leaves floating.

Overall, I consider this hotel a favorite and plan to stay there whenever I need to be in Doral.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 888Main
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty, we are delighted to hear that you have allowed us to host your stay for several weeks.

We also would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. We truly appreciate your comments and look forward to your return!

Should I be of any future assistance please do not hesitate as I will be more than happy to assist.

Jessica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here a couple of nights for work recently and was pleasantly surprised by the property and accommodations. The rooms are designed as time share properties, thus you are getting something much larger than the standard hotel room. My suite was at least 700 square feet with a nice sitting area that included a couch, chairs and a dining table. Also full service kitchen. Huge bathroom with both a large shower and jetted tub. Pool area was nice enough and I enjoyed a glass of wine during happy hour at the bar along with a good ceviche. Something to keep in mind, is that this property is in an industrial area with at least a 30 minute drive to places like south beach. Nothing much to do near this hotel (aside from golf) in terms of tourist activities, etc. There is a decent shopping center nearby where you can stock the room and purchase your morning cup of Starbucks. My only minor complaint is that there were teeny ants both in the kitchen area and bathroom. I asked the staff to take care of it, but even after they supposedly did, the little critters were still there. I recognize bugs are a part of Florida, but I really don't want to hang out with them in my room. Front desk didn't offer much in the way of explanation or apology upon check out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your guestroom and your time at our property.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the ants you spotted in your room.

Should your travels lead you to Miami in the future we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to host your stay.

If i may be of any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I will do my best to assist.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Really impressed with the Hyatt at the Blue. My room was huge and very comfortable. Loved being able to sit on my balcony and look at The Blue Golf Course. Room service was great and always less than 30 minutes. Can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments regarding your recent stay with us!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed both your time at our property and the view from your guestroom! It really is quite relaxing!

We look forward to your return next year!

Bari, Italy
Reviewed December 1, 2012

you can find all you need for a nice holiday
nice pool but not so big,
very large rooms whit large balcony and 2 king bed, flat tv, bathroom was gorgeous and with all the comforts (great shower)
amazing restaurant not too expensive
is joined to famous doral golf course, and you can get walking !
Nearby there are several supermarkets and few minutes from airport

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments!

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay.

Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to host your stay.

If i may be of any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Toronto
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The property backs onto the famous Doral golf course and is on a direct flight path for the Miami airport but neither are real annoyances. The pool area was elegant and inviting. Rooms are in low-rise buildings that are older and the exterior walls seemed to need a fresh coat of paint or was just plain dirty/dusty. My unit's walkout was also dirty/dusty and there was litter on the surrounding grounds that must have been there for months. Once inside your unit though, you'll be in awe of the incredibly spacious, immaculate, luxurious, and well-appointed rooms. The designer kitchen with stainless steel appliances is what you might expect in a luxury home. The spa-like bathrooms were divine especially the magnificent rain shower. I normally don't comment on the mattress since it's such a personal thing but I found the Restonic brand spectacular. Overall, it was a truly memorable stay except for some minor issues of exterior upkeep/maintenance.

2 Thank RJRM
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I have reviewed your comments and have shared them with our approrpriate team members.

We are delighted to hear that you did enjoy your stay and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to host your stay in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any future assistance.

Tampa
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is an amazing hotel. I stayed there with my family and we will be back. Great and clean rooms, friendly and helpfull staff and amazing food at the restaurant. You are just minutes away from the airport. The bathroom is awesome: great shower, nice tub and TV. I watched the basketball game in the tub. They have a nice pool area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return!

Should you need any assistance with future plans please do not hesitate to contact me as I will be more than happy to assist.

Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here in November, 2012. We stayed in one of the larger spaces with three bedrooms, four bathrooms and two levels. The place was huge. It could have slept at least three families comfortably. The interior space was very clean. The bathrooms were large and also clean. The kitchen was large enough for us to prepare meals and host guests. The back rooms have a balcony and a nice view of the golf course.

The gym was acceptable, but not great. It had two treadmills, an elliptical machine, a bicycle, a bench, some dumbells and a pulley machine. It was rather small. The pool area was just OK. The heater was broken, so it was pretty cold.

We had a couple of issues to speak with the front desk about. I found the staff to be very helpful and courteous.

The hotel is on a good location near major highways and the airport. It is not close to Miami Beach, but then again what is? Overall it was pretty expensive, but a great place to stay if you need some space.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
InterContinental at Doral Miami
Element Miami Doral
#6 of 23 in Doral
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral
Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!