“excellent location and facilities” 5 of 5 bubbles

Trump National Doral Golf Course
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Doral
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“excellent location and facilities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

was staying for business and would have liked to make more use of the facilities. my room was in the Bobby Jones suite. Large room with very comfortable large bed and pillows. Dinner in BLT was excellent and breakfast buffet had a wide range of food and fruits. range of pools and courses. staff very friendly. will definitely stay again.

• Czech first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Trump/Doral-Monster - Consider these factors in your decision”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I played the Monster on Fri, 4/25/14. Here's the tally, $20 for valet parking (unknown until I claimed my car), $5x2 for Club care in tips, you are forced to have a forecaddie $80, greens fee $400, sandwich $20/ea, a bottle of water $5 ea x 4 (total $20), residual tips for the cart girl and caddie $50 (min). Consider it a $550 to $600 round for a 5.5 hour romp to have the experience. Expect to wait for others stacked up in front of, and behind you. The course is a 9/10, but the experience due to the raping of all players for profit kicks it down to a "done it - never again" status. Remember, it's a Donald Trump resort. If you answer in the affirmative and would like to go, forego breakfast to get to the course early/early and beat traffic to know your bearings and assure you are present when needed. This place is downtown Miami, and next to the International Airport.

Visited April 2014
8 Thank highsierra67 .
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Terrible time just trying to get into my room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Been trying to get into my room since 2pm. First room wasn't available. Then took me 25 min to get a key once it was ready. Headed straight to dinner without dropping my stuff off. Came back at 10.30 to find the elevator was broke. No phone in the lobby. Finally had bell captain come and carry my items up to the third floor. 11pm and Si ready for bed only to find out the light in the closet is broke. Keeps turning on an off. Nice strobe effect. Except I want to sleep. 11.15 and waiting for engineer to come up. Not convenient when meetings start at 7.45 tomorrow morning. Can't imagine that this is going to get any better.

1 Thank Desireehtravels
Miami, Florida
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Cadillac Tournament Parking Snafu”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Hey, Donald...FIRE SOMEBODY!!! Parking here was a total cluster----,an unmitigated disaster of a launch for the new Doral. People paying $40.00 to valet park and then waiting 2 hours at Valet to get their cars back.Seems Shemaus was blissfully collecting the cash and then neglecting to inform the runners that car 123 had been paid for and to go get it.After 50 minutes i went to the window to form a stink and found that my keys had never been moved off the rack to get my car. If you go to the tournament do not park at hotel, have someone drop you off(taxi, Family at the gate), This never happened in 25 years of Eastern, Ryder,Ford, Computer Associates tournaments. What Gives?? Hire Soffer parking if you can't do it.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank richard a
Ottawa, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Blue Monster Not Ready for Prime...Price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I played the Blue Monster on February 20. No doubt the revamped course is a severe test of golf and was in excellent condition when I played. However, for a total cost of more than $550, the entire experience did not measure up with Pebble Beach, TPC Sawgrass and Pinecrest 2. The staff were all very polite and my forecaddie (Sean/Shawn?) and his colleague were terrific but the full fee should not be charged until they can deliver the full expectation of service and amenities that comes with that price point. The day I played was the first day that the new pro shop was open. After paying, I asked to use the restroom - it wasn't available yet and I would have to go back to the Spa where I had parked and taken a shuttle to the course....However, they pointed out that there were portable toilets out on the course for the forthcoming tournament, so I could wait and use one of those. Thankfully, portable toilets were available at the practice range because those on the course were wired together and locked-up. The golf cart I was given had no scorecard and no divot repair material in either bottle. When I arrived at the first tee 8 minutes before my tee time, I noticed a PGA pro with others beside the tee. Course staff asked me to immediately tee off on my own and catch up to the threesome that was approaching the first green - then changed his mind and drove me out to the threesome, saying I could play the first hole at the end of my round. I guess my $550 isn't worth the same as others'. Those considering playing here should know that airliners fly low overhead every 90 seconds - two minutes. One last observation - the pro shop would not validate my $18 parking fee, saying that charge is "part of the business". While a small part of the total cost, I would observe that Pebble, TPC Sawgrass and Pinehurst don't charge for parking if you have a tee time, so this just seemed to be part of an overall strategy to gouge every possible dollar from guests. While the golf course itself was great, I left feeling that I had gotten "the business".

Visited February 2014