“A Better restaurant with food from SPAIN”

La Taberna DE San Roman
Ranked #188 of 266 Restaurants in Doral
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Miami, Florida
“A Better restaurant with food from SPAIN”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

great attitude, food, flamenco shows, wine, and lower prices. Best Tapas in town! we will frequent for tapas and wine from now on. Have tried other spanish restaurants nearby and experienced terrible customer service from owner /manager,

• Visited December 2013

Miami Shores, Florida, United States
“Wonderful foods, shows and prize.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The three best things for an unforggetable saturday are in the San Roman Tavern in a familiar, but fun place for the whole family. The restaurant has two flamenco shows and a special for $49.99 that include 2 wine cup, a appetizer, 2 entries, and 2 dessert. The food is really good also the shows. The pork loin is amazing and the catalan cream dessert. So, I recommend to visit this place and enjoy!!!!

• Visited July 2013
Miami, Florida
“Authentic food at an authentic restaurant.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We have been to La Taberna de San Roman a few times over the years and we keep coming back for the food and atmosphere. Is our go to restaurant for business meetings and special ocassions and always delivers. From the food; excellent tapas and their specialty, codillo asado, to the service(family owns the restaurant and are always onsite and serve the food they know and love) to the excellent flamenco show every saturday. The best spanish restaurant in Miami.

• Visited May 2013
Miami
“Not what expected and $$$”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

After so much expectation about la Taberna de San Roman and the Flamenco dancers , I must say I was very much dissapointed. First of all, I called to make a reservation for my hubby and I and was told that for two people it was not required and to arrived at least around 7:45pm in order to see the Flamenco show. Of course this is what we wanted to see. Upon arrival, at 7:40pm, there were empty tables reserved for larger groups. there were no tables available for couples. so we were offered to sit on barrels agains a wall, So I figure, what the heck, however it turned out they are very, very uncomfortable if you want to stay and see the show. We were told the show would start at 8:00pm sharp. ordered drinks, apetizers nothing impressive. Waited and waited show started around 8:30pm at which time our dinner arrived. I ordered the lamb, house specialty, it was ok and my husband ordered a seafood dish, which was small in size compare dto the pricy tag. At the end, the show was nothing impressive, I was expecting the very elegant Flamenco ladies outfit with the hair piece, but it was just a regular dance outfit, dancers did not impress us. After all, we left before the end of show with a very pricy bill, back ache due to the unconfortable seating and boring Flamenco show... it was just too bad for us.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank damy331
“Just ok!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went for dinner at around 5:30 on a Saturday and we were the only table being served. Left at around 7:30 and we were still the only ones at the restaurant. The restaurant included potatoes alioli which was good, bread and cod croquettes were yummy. My husband and I had the Arroz Marinero, which is basically a seafood based rice. It was just ok but when you pay $20 per person you expect a little more. The crab claws in the rice didn't taste fresh. The sangria was TERRIBLE, it felt like it was water down and left uncovered for many hours. Yuk. Also, the tables had table cloth which I love but then had paper napkins. What is the point of that. As I said, were the only table being served, and had to flagged the waiter and manager ask for water several times. Decoration, not the greatest needs a "Restaurant Impossible" revamp. We will definitely not be back...

• Visited April 2013

Been to La Taberna DE San Roman? Share your experiences!