“Very nice rooms and hotel...worst check in experience ever” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Miami Doral

Aloft Miami Doral
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Doral
Miami, Florida
“Very nice rooms and hotel...worst check in experience ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

After seeing the rooms in the hotels website and knowing the chain, we decided to stay there: very nice rooms and for my shopping needs, it suited me just fine. After a day of traveling by plane, and then running errands until very late at night, I arrived for a late check in and got greeted by the rudest front desk manager ever. Not only was she rude, but patronizing as well and told me that I had to wait for half an hour to get my room. And to my disbelief when I asked for the reason I had to wait, she scoffed and told me that this was standard practice for hotels throughout the world. I have travelled before, have arrived even later than what I did here in this hotel and not once had I encountered this anywhere else, much less have I gone through such an unpleasant experience with somebody who should be polite, customer oriented and have a minimum degree of empathy. I even asked her to please not continue being rude, since not once had I been rude to her even after the way she treated me and to consider that I was I was a tired guest arriving late at night. And even after all that, she kept being rude, shaking her head and had the nerve to put her finger on my face. I am still very tired, but I needed to post this review because that's how indignant and dissapointed I feel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Patricia A
aloftmiami, Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us here at the Aloft, as it helps us improve our service for future guest. Please accept my sincere apologies for your negative experience at our hotel. The delivery of outstanding customer service is extremely important to us, and I am disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations. Rest assured that we have communicated to all of our departments the areas of opportunities we have. Again, I truly apologize that your experience with us was not to your full satisfaction and that you were not able to get the rest you needed during your stay with us. We would love the opportunity to make it up to you and your family. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience, so that we may guarantee that you have a pleasant experience in the future!

Valentina.Serna@aloftmiamidoral.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We just stayed here one night, in between flights from Europe to BVI. We arrived late and checked out early. The hotel is lovely, clean, modern, very nice staff. There was a party going on in the lounge. If I hadn't been exhausted (by that time we had been awake for over 20 hours), I'd have participated. Yes, I could hear the music in our room, but I have really good hearing and it wasn't loud enough to be disturbing. Staff was very helpful, took care of cabs, early checkout etc. I'd stay here again.

aloftmiami, at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
On behalf of the entire team at The Aloft Miami Doral, thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit to our hotel on TripAdvisor!.

We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we provided you with exceptional service during your recent visit. We will note and correct any areas accordingly.

Best regards,

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We will always remember our stay here for the wonderful service we received from the registration desk. For whatever reason they upgraded us to a giant suite for no extra charge. It was almost as large as a house! The lounge and pool were also fantastic.
There are several great restaurants within a one or two minute drive, plus shopping malls. It is only a few minutes from the freeway, and perhaps 15 minutes to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
aloftmiami, Sales Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
We are so grateful for your feedback & for taking the time to share your experience!
We truly enjoy reading your 5 star reviews and we hope to see you soon at the Aloft Miami Doral!

Warm Regards,

Aloft Miami Doral
Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We just had to change the room, we found the Beds were USED with dirty sheets, hair and rests of food, disgusting! If you are planning to relax and enjoy your holidays do NOT come to the Aloft, we abrir de today (29/12/2013) and unfortunatelly have to stay for 7 nights, there is no availability on any other hotel nerby.

Room Tip: Go to other Hotel!
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Sandra G
aloftmiami, Sales Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your sincere review on Tripadvisor.

We regret to learn of the challenges you experienced following your recent visit.

At Aloft Miami Doral we continuously strive to offer exceptional levels of service. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and are deeply sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations, all of which attributed to your negative feedback.

We welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues further with you and can be contacted at valentina.serna@aloftmiamidoral.com

Kind Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is great. If internet access is important there is 10mbps complimentary in rooms and 25mbps available at $9.99 a night. The lobby is one of the highlights. The bar is always happening almost humorous as it seems like a nightclub/lunge on weekends. They had a 70 inch screen IFC viewing party in lobby. But Staff needs to stop having their kids sleep in the chairs while they drink at bar. Sad that pool closes at sunset.

If you are under 45 or young at heart this is the place. If you want just to relax and be lazy all day then try elsewhere. This hotel is for active people.

The gym is great, THE best I've seen in this price level of hotel.

The rooms are nice, clean, web apps on TV. U can hear when others close doors but if you are not a picky person you won't let it bother you. The bathroom doors are slide style but badly designed. Beds are very comfortable, staff are great. Mostly young staff but capable.

Location of the hotel is great. Close to shopping malls, supermarkets and shopping centers.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Best regards,

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip, and I have to said was a great experience, hotel is to be at home, personnel is super friendly and nice, the Hotel is very trendy, design is great, and there are party every time at the lobby area, with a Dj, rooms are nice and I definitely will go back again to this property, price was right and I have to remark again personnel and the whole concept make u feel at home!

Room Tip: The view to the pool is very nice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
AloftDoral, General Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, December 27, 2013

Warm Regards,

Claudio Bono
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Dec. 11 - 17, 2013, Aloft Doral Miami- new hotel in the Venezuelan section of Miami. Modern decor add to the attraction. It is a popular gathering place on weekends where the happy-hour lasts for hours and hours. The Yuengling beer on tap was exceptionally cold and delicious. Try the empanadas there too. One party went on until at least 3:00 in the morning. It was of no importance this time because we were on vacation and sleeping was optional. The unique blinds, when pulled down all the way will render the room totally dark at noon if you had trouble getting to sleep the night before. We had our own party. Ice dispenser is located on the fourth floor only...halfway between all the floors.

We opted for the rate that included breakfast each morning. The price was only a few dollars more per night and as it turned out, the meals if purchased separately, would have been $10.00 per person and there were two of us so that was a bit of a savings by the end of the trip. Breakfast consisted of a buffet of pastries, breads, rolls, meat (various-it changed periodically) sausage, bacon, cheeses, scrambled eggs, fruits, cereals, coffee, tea and juices. They ended up billing our account for the breakfasts anyway. Good thing we were not in a huge hurry to get the rental car back. Most hotels will have the night auditor slip a summary of your charges under your door so you can check it before you leave. We had to ask to see the charges and verify if any of the additional food charges were not included. $70.00 off.

Parking was frequently a challenge if you arrived during happy hour and at other times as well. There was an additional, unpaved gravel area adjacent to the paved lot or you could have the valet park it for a fee. It would be more convenient if the hotel would go ahead and invest in the expansion of the parking area to avoid the frequent awkwardness of waiting for someone to come out and leave so you can avoid the gravel pit. It sucks when a patron sees you eye-balling the spot they are about to leave and they are hoping to have that spot when they return or they just want to make you wait for the one spot in the entire paved lot to vacate. But, that is just my opinion....and a hundred other guests.

Staff are all very pleasant from the friendly front-desk and barkeeps to the security staff. The housekeeper for our room was an older lady during the first few days and she was especially good to us so we made sure to leave a tip for her every day but that was true everyday for all the housekeepers. She left her tip on the table one day and when we asked "why" she said it was to avoid any confusion and if we wanted to leave something for her we should put a note on it saying it was for her. I know that is supposed to be an industry standard but this was the very first time in all of our stays around the world that we were reminded that leaving a note on the tip is what should be done all the time. I will try to remember that.

The hotel was close by many good restaurants and two major shopping malls, the International Mall and Dolphin Mall. Airline personnel are seen coming and going all the time so it adds to the credibility and reputation of their product. We met up with our family who live nearby and they were able to take us to places that serve authentic foods from Central and South America. One nearby place called Nahuen on NW 33rd was an Argentinian restaurant that had a collection of pastries, coffees, meats, wines and deserts that most Americans would love if they would ever find their way there.

Aloft Doral is an excellent option people should seriously consider if you want to eat, shop and party in Miami. Just be prepared to deal with the traffic if you plan to do it in December. Snow birds from Canada, Europe and bargain hunters from South America are there to shop as well. Parking near a mall store of your preference will be nearly impossible. I rarely experience seeing people actually dance in a parking lot over finding a spot a half mile from the mall entrance. They literally danced and smiled at us in our car as if they had just won the Mega Lottery. Crazy how little it takes to entertain some people.

Room Tip: You may want to get a room on the upper floors. Some of the parties will spill out doors as this is...
    • 5 of 5 stars
AloftDoral, General Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest during your recent visit to Miami!

On behalf of the entire team at The Aloft Miami Doral, we are so pleased that you were able to experience our hotel and enjoy the high service and quality levels upon which we pride ourselves.

We are addressing the parking situation and we thank you for your valuable feedback!

Warm regards;