“Tasty food at a decent price”

Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine
Ranked #25 of 284 Restaurants in Doral
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Look I'm just a simple white guy who knows nothing about cuban cuisine except that I could eat fried plantains on every day ending in 'y'.

The atmosphere was good. Not that crowded or noisy and I sat near the bar.
Server recommended the 4a which was chicken breast chunks cooked with garlic and olive oil, onions, peppers. It was delicious as was the rice, beans and plantains. Actually the plantains were above average for cuban cuisine.
No problems with the service. I don't know spanish and they understood me just fine.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

In early July me and my partner stayed at the Hampton-Inn for a week and visited few times in this good restaurant near by.
They notified our jetlag after flying over Atlantc with great attitude and care even it was near of closing time. Service was great at 1st time but slightly less caring when we visited 2nd time there but restaurant was quite crowded then and a lot of families with children in there.
Environment is so close to Cuba I can imagine and taste of food was fresh and good both times. Mojitos and house wine vere also very good.
I have been in Cuban restaurants in Miami before and this was the best so far and especially location is great near by Hampton-Inn. If you go early evening reservation could be needed.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Recently ate at this restaurant, beautiful property. What stopped me from giving it 4 stars was that some items on the menu weren't available and the fact that some of their wait staff couldnt speak English. Would eat here again.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Outstanding, great food, reasonable prices. Good old fashioned Cuban fool "almost" like that grandma used to make... well maybe not that good.

Service was good, seasonings excellents portions very good, mojitos awesome!

If you are looking for a good Cuban restaurant (great daily specials) for lunch or dinner anywhere in the Miami area you could do much worse than the Family restaurant Las Vegas.

Read the story when you are perusing the menu, as a person of Cuban descent it was very intersting for me.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn next door and decided to try this place because it was so convenient. I ordered the Hangar Steak and my wife ordered the Maui Maui with shrimp. Both dishes were just wonderful, tasty and well presented. We had a carafe of house cabernet which was also excellent. Our desert was Coco Flan and holy cow it was fantastic!! The menu is extensive and has something for everyone, including the vegetarian. The dining room was casual and very nicely decorated. The prices were reasonable, ranging from $10 to $39. Our dishes were in the $18 range. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. Overall we had a perfect evening, with an excellent meal and great service....highly recommended.