“Great and authentic Italian”

Il Forno Ristorante
Ranked #18 of 286 Restaurants in Doral
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Praised as truly authentic classic Italian cuisine, Il Forno Ristorante's refined approach to Italian gastronomy features the finest local and imported ingredients.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We spent two weeks in Miami at the Doral. We were looking for a special occasion restaurant that was relatively close. That it hard to find in Doral. The concierge recommended Il Forno and we were pleasantly surprised given the mixed reviews. We were not fond of the interior with the modern exposed ceilings, but that is common today. The service was attentive and pleasant without being obtrusive. We had the ahi and octopus carpacio appetizers and they were among the best ever. We had two different veal entrees and both were excellent.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We aren't usually in Doral and knew nothing about this restaurant. Except for having to valet park, we could not find one thing wrong with this excellent Italian restaurant. Our waiter, Fabio, was even from Italy! The Louis Martini wine by the glass was excellent and reasonable. The bread right out of the oven was yummy. My husband's veal bosco with beautiful roasted potatoes and my pear ravioli were both perfect. We topped it off with good cappuccino, too!
We will return! Wish they were on Key Biscayne!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I got mix reviews from people about this place so I was kind of excited when our office Christmas lunch was going to be here so I can finally see what the big deal was and as it turns out not much. I guess there aren't many good Italian places in Doral because people actually think this place is worth it? Yes the atmosphere and ambiance is nice but that's not the big reason why people go to a specific restaurant. First of all its so small, and the valet situation is ridiculous, took us about 15mintutes to to get off the car. Bread was cold, my soup was freezing, and ,my mash potatoes were very cold as well. Everything in the meal was cold not to mention the portions are so tiny, i had a ultra thin slice of chicken and 2 tiny pieces of broccoli!!! Very frustrating. And although the server was nice the service was horrible and very slow, we had about 3 different people come up to the table so it was very hard to indicate who was really our server. They are trying to define themselves as fine dining but there very far from it. Need to do a better job with their food quality.

1  Thank diana2jen
Ciro M, Manager at Il Forno Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2015

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your honesty. We truly look forward to your next visit soon as we are currently training our staff and building a more professional team of experts.

Join us every Sunday from 11am - 2pm for our unique a la carte Brunch.

Regards,

Il Forno Ristorante
Management.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was quite disappointed with the service. The valet parking was all backed up. My soup was delicious, but it was borderline cold. The chicken dish I ordered was almost paper thin, and I felt that the portions were very small. The staff was amazing. It was overall a nice lunch, but I probably won't be coming back.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I on vacation had a nice dinner at IL Forno.
The atmosphere was lovely, lights, white table clothes and well dressed servers.
Food was good, but they just seem to have an attitude which detracts from the experience.
Would we go back probably, but we'd be aware of its short falls.