“Fabulous Bento Box Lunch Specials”

Umami Asian Cuisine
Ranked #53 of 296 Restaurants in Doral
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Please come in and enjoy the beautiful decor as well as flavorful dishes. Umami is the fifth taste following salty, sweet, bitter, sour, and now umami. Umami in japanese means savory. A family owned restaurant only guarantees the freshest and highest quali...ty of food and service. Our recipes are one of a kind and are the true meaning to umami.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The only negative thing to say here is that it is a little noisy, but the food is great. I especially love the Bento Box lunch specials as you get a little bit of everything and can choose brown rice, white rice or fried rice with your lunch. Nice Sake and great hot green tea. Lunch specials come with a choice of soup or salad with the delicious ginger dressing. Service is quick, staff friendly and nice. They do automatically add on 15% service charge and then leave the tip box open on the final receipt again so be aware so that you don't accidentally tip twice!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stopped in for a late meal after a day of traveling. Large, comfortable space with ample seating and pretty busy despite location and time of night. Good variety of Asian cuisine. Huge portions and great prices. Would eat there again if it was closer to home.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Terrible service by hostess, waiter, and even manager. We had a party of 14 people waiting to be seated for 30 minutes on a wednesday night in an empty restaurant because we were waiting for 2 people. The waiter was extremely rude the entire night and was rushing us to sit down while we were taking pictures for my birthday because according to him other people were waiting to be seated on an empty night. When making an inquiry about an extra charge, the waiter rudely answered "take it up to the manager" as if he was doing us a huge service. This horrible attitude was continued through out the whole night because his tip is automatically included. I expressed my discontent with the manager and he said he would "take care of us" which I don't even know what that meant because he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to make up for the crappy service. Our chef however was great, the food was good, but based on this experience I will not go back or ever recommend anyone to celebrate any event there. On an slow night when the majority of the Hibachi tables are empty you would expect better service this restaurant needs new management and needs retrain staff on customer service.

2  Thank ana g
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were a group of 9 to celebrate my sister's birthday and had a very nice lunch/dinner. The food was great and the prices were fair. The portions were better than Benihana and Samurai. My only complaint was about the service. At one point I decided to get up and get my own glass of water because the waitress forgot to bring it. Maybe it's the set up or the innexperience on who does table assignments for the waitress. One of her tables was us at the Hitbach and another on the other side of the restaurant. Once the chef got to hitbachi table everything was great! I loved the food. My son ordered sushi and the rest of us had hitbashi plates. I had the calamari, steak and chicken and it was FABULOUS! My husband had Steak, Chicken and Shrimp and was very happy with it and so were the rest. We were all satisfied with our food and the quality of the food. I can tell you that next time we want this type of meal, we will visit there instead of Benihana or Samurai. We also have been to Rouson in Kendall but they are more expensive and this place is nicer. I will choose Umami over the others despite the service received, so that tells you it was not that bad but had better.

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Set very busy Industrial area, this little Japanese farmhouse looking buildings is quite beautiful. they cater to all tastes : sushi, tai, tepenyaki. They have it! And it all seems to be good. my sushi was good but I would skip the bento box next time and go for a sushi roll. the tempura was really good and I am NOT a big tempurs fan.

Been to Umami Asian Cuisine? Share your experiences!