“Everything you need” 4 of 5 bubbles

Umami Asian Cuisine
Ranked #45 of 255 Restaurants in Doral
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Please come in and enjoy the beautiful decor as well as flavorful dishes. Umami is the fifth taste following salty, sweet, bitter, sour, and now umami. Umami in japanese means savory. A family owned restaurant only guarantees the freshest and highest quali...ty of food and service. Our recipes are one of a kind and are the true meaning to umami.
Spring Lake, North Carolina
“Everything you need”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Went to Umami's last night for a late dinner. I was promptly seated and ordered a cold beer. Umami specializes in hibachi and sushi. I ordered a seafood tempura which was excellently prepared.

The staff there are friendly and efficient. They do this thing with the drums for birthdays and it can get loud. Everyone in the place seemed to be having fun which is exactly what Umami is.

Next time I'm in town I am trying their sushi which looked great. Umami was a pleasant dining experience. I will definitely go back.

Miami
“Good Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Took my stepson and family here for his graduation luncheon. Good but not outstanding food. Service was good and the hibachi chef was pleasant and a gentlemen. Fried rice and veggie were done to perfection, the chicken was also very good. If you are "lunching" go mid week, Mondays and Fridays are the busiest per the hostess.

• Visited December 2012
Miami, Florida
“Great food, fun time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went during my lunch break to celebrate a birthday with co workers. The food was great! I had the chicken and ny strip steak ( don't eat seafood) so it's safe to say that there are other options there that are tasty. The service is great. Entertaining. The chef will make your "wait" worthwhile. The vegetables and fried rice was awesome! Definitely recommend this!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sunnysided305
Coral Springs, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is the total package!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I found this place while looking for a step-up restaurant to entertain good clients. Neither of us was disappointed. It is so good I have been back many times with different clients and they are always happy and return.
The service is great my favorite waitress is Jamie she is very attentive and knows how to make the customer like you are her only one. I have always taken family back for dinners,and now I use the lounge to have corporate happy hours. Always a big hit.
Yes this is the total package, sushi bar, liquor lounge, great Asian cuisine and hibachi cooking. Must warn you lunches are busy and it can get a little loud.

Miami, Florida, United States
“Big portions/American Dream roll def recomend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went and the service was amazing, very friendly. I ordered the American Dream Roll and it was delicious. My husband orders stake with rice and veggies...it was huge..we love it ..can't wait to go back againg