“Great food, fun time.”

Ranked #41 of 271 Restaurants in Doral
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Please come in and enjoy the beautiful decor as well as flavorful dishes. Umami is the fifth taste following salty, sweet, bitter, sour, and now umami. Umami in japanese means savory. A family owned restaurant only guarantees the freshest and highest quali...ty of food and service. Our recipes are one of a kind and are the true meaning to umami.
Miami, Florida
“Great food, fun time.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went during my lunch break to celebrate a birthday with co workers. The food was great! I had the chicken and ny strip steak ( don't eat seafood) so it's safe to say that there are other options there that are tasty. The service is great. Entertaining. The chef will make your "wait" worthwhile. The vegetables and fried rice was awesome! Definitely recommend this!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sunnysided305

Coral Springs, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is the total package!!!!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I found this place while looking for a step-up restaurant to entertain good clients. Neither of us was disappointed. It is so good I have been back many times with different clients and they are always happy and return.
The service is great my favorite waitress is Jamie she is very attentive and knows how to make the customer like you are her only one. I have always taken family back for dinners,and now I use the lounge to have corporate happy hours. Always a big hit.
Yes this is the total package, sushi bar, liquor lounge, great Asian cuisine and hibachi cooking. Must warn you lunches are busy and it can get a little loud.

Miami, Florida, United States
“Big portions/American Dream roll def recomend”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went and the service was amazing, very friendly. I ordered the American Dream Roll and it was delicious. My husband orders stake with rice and veggies...it was huge..we love it ..can't wait to go back againg

Providence, Rhode Island
“Not bad hibachi!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Was in dorsal on business and the crew wanted me to try the food here, it really was not bad! They has sushi and I had filet mignon, great portions which I have found to be the problem at most hibachi places.. clean place, friendly staff and good show while cooking. The bill for 3 with drinks was around $150, I'll go back when I'm local!

Ithaca, New York
“Expensive and not very good”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

So we went once to this restaurant and they have a large menu and a hibachi grill so you will want to try it for yourself. We had Sesame chicken and General Gao's chickin. Portions are huge but the flavor was non existent and each entree was about $15.00. The chicken was dry and just not appealing. We left most of the food.

Visited July 2012

Been to Umami Asian Cuisine? Share your experiences!