“Lovely stay!”
Review of The Flower Pot

The Flower Pot
Ranked #1 of 2 Sunbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We only stayed here one night before our flight back the States the next day from Heathrow but wished we could have stayed longer! Our room was lovely - comfortable & beautifully furnished, with a modern bathroom. The best part of our stay, though, was experiencing the bar/restaurant - the food and local brews were excellent but we especially enjoyed interacting with the friendly local patrons on what was a very busy & popular Friday evening. Breakfast the next morning was also great, and owner Pierre and assistant James were welcoming, friendly and helpful. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Room 8 (our room) is a steep climb up 2 flights of stairs with a narrow, low door and a sloped beame...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear,

I'm very happy than you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was a great pleasure to accommodate you.

I wish you a merry Christmas.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I had heard that The Flower Pot was lovely inside. The decor was, but the drink and customer service were not! The mulled wine was awful. It was cloudy as if it had orange juice in it, bitter, and generally a horrible taste. I still feel quite ill after one sip. I have had my fair share of mulled wine in the past, so went to complain. I was told it was a recipe from the bbc website and that they had been making it for years. I was not offered a replacement drink and I found their customer service poor. In the past if I have ever had a problem at a restaurant, the good establishments have apologised and offered an alternative free of charge. I had heard that the food here was bad, but thought I would be ok with a drink! I will not be returning and have told lots of my local friends of my disappointment.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank HaylsBells
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear,
I'm very sorry than you didn't enjoy our mulled wine. We use a receipt from the chef Ainsley Harriot which is very popular with our customers, some of them requested since a couples of weeks ago already!

I heard my colleague proposed you a replacement for your drink which you declined.

All our dishes are homemade, and we get a lot of compliments about it. We use only fresh products of a high quality.

I suggest than you come to try and make an opinion by yourself.
If you would like to give it a go, email me at info@theflowerpotsunbury.co.uk and i will be propose you a nice deal to apologize for the inconvenience than you had with our mulled wine.

I will take in consideration your comments about the customers service and be sure than all our team is aware of how is very important.

Again, i would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed at the flowepot for one night and was very impressed on how clean the pub and the room was the staff were very polite and helpful upon my arrival if I ever need to stop in a hotel again I would go back to the flowerpot as was very very impressed

• Stayed: December 2013
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Michael,
I'm glad than you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Have stayed here before but didn't write a review. Both stays were excellent, room clean, tidy amazing furnishings. Staff polite, professional and friendly. Had lunch and breakfast and both meals were excellent !!! Would certainly stay again

Room Tip: Room Number One is amazing
1  Thank kate t
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Kate,

I'm happy than you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team works very hard to be sure our customers enjoy their stay with us.

Thank you again for the review!

Kinds Regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Friendly staff, good rooms, comfy beds and good choice of food. We always stay here when working nearby. Much nicer than most of what else on offer for a similar price. The rooms on the road can be a little noisy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jayne,
I'm very happy than you enjoy your stay with us
We looking forward to see you again!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have stayed twice this year, so yes I would recommend it. Each room is decorated in an individual style, and very clean. There are one or two niggly little things like they don't put glasses in the room, only mugs, and no teaspoons were in the room, difficult to make tea and coffee without them! The last night of our stay, the water went off and we couldn't have a shower before our plane journey home, plus it was awkward using the loo, as it wouldn't flush! But that wasn't the Hotel fault and they did get out a plumber just in time as we left! The breakfasts are terrific, choices include kippers and poached egg, Salmon and scrambled egg, full English even a veggie full English, and all very well cooked and presented. The staff are more than helpful and always have a smile. Well worth looking at if you are visiting the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Jan,

I'm very happy to heard than you enjoy your stay with us.
From now, we will be sure than every room have a couple of glasses and spoons too!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our room was nice, although small. The shower room was ok although not particularly clean in the shower. It was nice however to have a proper coffee maker in the room and bottled water/ robes etc. there is however little parking inspite of what the website says. There are only three spaces. We were fortunate to get one, but other options were to pay and display down the road. The room was also very noisy, with quite heavy traffic and no double glazing.
The following morning we went down to breakfast. Husband ordered a full English which came promptly and was nice. I ordered french toast with bacon and maple syrup, for a change. Husband had finished and mine still hadn't arrived. I brought it to the waiters attention, he apologised and disappeared. It then all got a bit fawlty towers and Waldorf salad, as the chef (judging from the overheard conversation ) wasn't sure about the order. Finally much later, what came was a slice of dry toast with two rashers of seriously undercooked bacon, and a splash of maple type sauce. Really poor actually. There was no apology. Why have something on the menu if you can't provide it?
Basically I paid £12.95 for that. Surely the staff can't have thought that was acceptable.? Surely they had a cookery book, or at least thought to offer me something else? I stay in hotels a lot and this was one of the worst experiences of breakfast I have had? The cleaner was mopping floor for most of breakfast also.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey D

Dear Tracey,
I'm apologise and feel sad than you didnt enjoy your stay with us like you should.

Could you email me info@theflowerpotsunbury.co.uk i will be happy to propose you a special offer on a new stay.

I hope with this new stay with us you could see than we really care about your food and customer service and your experience wasn't the reflection of the service we deliver.

Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunbury
Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park
#1 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
The Anchor Hotel
The Anchor Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shepperton

Been to The Flower Pot? Share your experiences!