“A variety of pizzas”

Ranked #1 of 2 Sunbury B&B and Inns
Greater London, United Kingdom
“A variety of pizzas”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I visited here with a group of friends for a few drinks, and then we decided to stay longer and order food. When we arrived we sat outside because the weather was warm, it was nice to have the option of sitting outside. The we went into the inn to order food. There is quite a food variety of dishes to choose however we all ordered different pizzas! I ordered a vegetarian pizza which was covered with tasty toppings of olives, artichokes, mushrooms and melting flowing cheese. My friends all enjoyed their meals, pizzas with chicken and garlic and a spicy pizza with jalapenos and sour cream. There is a very nice relaxing atmosphere in this inn; there is a theme of flower pots around the restaurant and humorous illustrations in the ladies toilets. We enjoyed our visit and hope to return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Launceston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Avoid room 8 !!!!!!!!!!!! I can honestly say the door to the room was the smallest I have every seen, well apart from the one night stay with the Uros people on Tequila Island on Lake Titicaca which was very small indeed, almost hand and knees!!! Anyway back to The Flower Pot, nice room but restricted head room, mind that centre light which didn't work anyway!!!! it will get you even if the wooden beams don't. Stoop again in to the bathroom, has shower which was very good clean and tidy, nice large shower but you were never quite sure how to get the hot water just right.
Usual stuff sockets not near to where you want them!!! hair drier and mirror position not helpful.
The breakfast time need to be brought forward for those on a business trip, 0700hrs is too late for most folks. The black girl who is on duty for breakfast was lovely and attentive. The other one brought me sugar cubes for my Weetabix!!!! as I could not wait for breakfast I had paid for !!! asked for refund but was told NON!!! by the surly owner.
Car parking around there is a nightmare. I did not try the pub/ restaurant food having been fed at the office.
Try the Warren down the road in Sherperton.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013

After staying one night recently and taking advantage of the restaurant im glad I didn't use the nearby chain hotel (holiday inn). The staff are brilliantly attentive to customers needs. Even tho was busy, smiles did not leave their faces. Thanks guys..

• Stayed September 2013
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Shikari,
Thanks for this nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us.

The customers happiness is our priority at The Flower Pot.

Berkhamsted, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Lovely Pub/Rooms, unfortunately let down by a certain individual.
Considering that our wedding party had hired out the entire pub's accommodation, it came as a surprise when we arrived back after the wedding (around 11:45pm) that we couldn't gain access. Despite knocking on the front door, in full view of a number of people still inside drinking, we were eventually informed, by a certain individual, that we should have used the back doors. This was something that hadn't been pointed out to any of the wedding party on checking in.
If it wasn't for the sheer arrogance or disinterested attitude of the certain individual in question, this would not have been a problem. Unfortunately after a lovely weekend, and wedding, this somewhat tarnished the proceedings. Again, I will say that the Flower Pot is a lovely pub/restaurant, but if you want to cater for staying guests, the warm welcome and customer service needs to extend 24hrs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Graeme,

The "certain individual" was myself. At the moment when you came, the people which you saw in our pub was the last table which was ready to leave our pub after just paid their bill.

We stop serves drink around 5 past 11 on the saturday evening.

I'm very sorry for the disappointment, and i personally think than i wasn't arrogant and disinterest at all.
Like i said to you (or one of your guest) I've been surprised than my colleague didn't show you the back door. I smiled to you, show you the back door, and just says that sadly i wasn't able to serve anymore.

The reason is because counter to what you said, it have a room booked by someone which wasn't from this weeding, and at practically midnight, they expect than the pub is quiet enough to let them enjoy their sleep.

Also like i write above as our policies, on the saturday we stop served drink around 5 past 11.

I believe the reason why you said i was arrogant its because you were disappointed and upset than you couldn't continue the weeding party anymore.

I'm never disinterested by a customer as I always try to make the maximum for them to enjoy their stay/diner with us as much as i can, and i always

Again, I'm apologize for the inconvenience, and i reassure you than i will be sure than all my team is absolutely sure where is the hotel back door.

Pierre

I can guarantee you than i'm in this industry sinnce the last 12 years and i always made the best as i can to accomodate the customers,
Dover
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night at The Flower Pot the night before a trip to Thorpe Park. The family room is very quaint and walking in through the small door into the room reminded us all of Alice In Wonderland. The room was plenty big enough to accommodate the four of us (2 x adults, 1 x 16 yrs old and 1 x 11 yrs old). In the past we have stayed at Travelodge but thought we would try something different, we were not disappointed with the room, food or service at The Flower Pot. The only thing that let the room down was a small amount of dust and a couple of marks on the wall (but that's me being very picky and my daughters watching too much four in a bed.)

• Stayed August 2013
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear,
You are not picky at all! Thanks to let us know about the dust which shouldn't be there. I will be sure than my Housekeeper team will check more carefully about it.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we looking forward to see you again for your next roller coaster's visit to Thorpe park.

And by the way, i watch also 4 in a bed, so i know exactly what you mean!

Bamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed there for one night while on business. We had 2 rooms both of which were well appointed with Nespresso Machines; great beds and nicely appointed decor. My room was room 4 which was far smaller than my colleagues to the point where there was no wardrobe just a hanging bracket above the desk, this was fine for a short stay but the room was plagued by a lot of noise from the Water Pipes and I assume the boiler was next to the room as that droned all night. I mentioned the noise when we went down for dinner to be told nobody had complained before and not a lot of concern, after an impacted night sleep when I checked out same response from the girl who checked us out. This was disappointing as otherwise the rooms were lovely and the food was good too so if you avoid room 4 a good choice

Room Tip: Not room 4
Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear,
I'm apologize for the inconvenience of the noise. As soon as you checked out, we called our maintenance team to fix this problem,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Arrived at 9.30pm with sleepy toddler in tow, with Flowergirl/bridesmaid responsibilities for the following day... To find our family room had been given away to someone else earlier that day. Having called earlier in the day to confirm late check-in, I would have expected to be told then about this error to give us time to find somewhere else.

To be fair, the manager was helpful in trying to find us somewhere else to stay for that night and the next and refunded us the full amount plus a glass of wine but really: this is a very simple thing to get RIGHT when you have so few rooms.

We found our own hotel in the end: more expensive, no family room (took it on turns to sleep on the floor) and the wedding was rather spoilt for us by a 2year old who had missed 5 hours sleep the night before. Not very happy.

Stayed September 2013
3 Thank katieharwar
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear,
I'm very sorry about the inconvenience. We never have been double booked on this day for the family room.

Like i explain to you, on the same weekend it had an other weeding in the area. A gentleman of the other weeding told me than he had booked the family room for his children but he wasn't sure under which name it's been booked, and asked me to check under which name the family room was book.

When i told him the name of the booking (your name) he told me than it was her daughter's name and he wanted to put present on the bed for them.

Like i said to you when you arrived to check in, i just discovered at 9.30pm at the same time of you than this party never booked a family room with us and just purely lied to us when i checked the name of the booking with him.

I believe in the honesty of the people, and i never thought than someone would take a room knowingly that this room is booked for someone else.

I'm very sorry for that, and you can be sure than for this kind of situations i will ask some more information to the people than just a simply check about the name.

Kind Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunbury
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shepperton
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#2 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to The Flower Pot? Share your experiences!