The Flower Pot
$68
$76
$69
The Warren Lodge Hotel(Shepperton)(Great Value!)
$58
$56
The Anchor Hotel(Shepperton)(Great Value!)
$56
Priceline
$74
$53
  • Room Service
All reviewstaste cardboutique hotelnice pubcoffee machineroll top bathhampton courtlovely rooma lovely stayfamily roomkempton parkmagpiecomfy bedbreakfast was includedcooked breakfastshort staystayed here for one nightyogurt
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at The Flower Pot for 8 nights during June when I was on holiday from New Zealand. The website appealed to me when I searched on hotels in the area and my experience lived up to my expectations. The friendly staff were extremely helpful and really looked after me. The rooms are very comfortable and well serviced. The breakfast options are good and well cooked - fantastic sausages! Lunch and dinner menus cover a good selection and I and my family enjoyed our meals. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in this delightful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Anne,

I'm really happy than you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to accommodate you as at
The Flower Pot all our team have a real passion for the customers service.

Kind Regards,

Pierre

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place is a pub really with accommodation above.I did my homework before booking,read up on the place and where it was.The expensive makeover done it for me really and the photo`s of the rooms looked lovely.Parking was a problem,only three places.Our room was very small due to the fact that part of it had been used to put a bathroom in thus making it en suite.Our room was at the front of the building overlooking a main road (not mentioned in the details).Our windows had no double glazing which meant traffic noise went on into morning and started again early.We also had the pub sign right outside our window which was lit up until the place closed,it shone right through the new roman blinds into our room.The breakfast was average,but the staff were very attentive and polite.

Room Tip: Do not go for a room at front of building and take earplugs,we had to find a chemist in the end.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear,
I'm very sorry than you didn't enjoy your stay with us at the flower pot.
I'm surprised too by your review...
You said the parking have only 3 spots(which is actually 4) but you forget to says also than the parking isn't a problem at The Flower Pot as its really easy to find a spot in the streets around our establishment (which is free and unlimited!).

I recognize than the room where you stayed isn't a Huge room but its a normal size bedroom (big enough to accommodate a desk with an armchair, 2 small table, a full length mirror and walk around under the bed without difficulties!)

As the street you describes as "main street" is just a high street in a very quiet village.

As we were really concerned when we read your review about the pub light outside which shone right the blinds we did a test yesterday evening with my assistant, and we didn't see any light which came thought the blinds...may be you just didn't closed properly the blinds.

The sign you described also as right outside your windows, isn't at the front of the room windows like you describes but at a couples of meters away from the windows.

We had the same surprised reaction when er read your review about our breakfast, as we received a lot of compliments about our breakfast(the sausages & bacon we served come from a local butcher which served only food from a hight standard of quality)

If you would like to give us an other chance, we will be happy to accommodate you and do a commercial sign as an apologize for your 1st visit which sadly you didn't enjoy as much as you should.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We arranged for four friends of ours to stay here for one night whilst they were in the area. As we were late to book in, they offered a discounted rate for bed and breakfast which was much appreciated.

Although we didn't stay overnight (we live nearby) we were told that the rooms were excellent and that there were lots of little touches which made it very special. One couple was even upgraded to the executive suite, which looked lovely.

We ate lunch there as a group, which was on the whole reasonably priced, well presented and drew no complaints. In fact the baked Camembert was a particular highlight!

Having enjoyed lunch, we arranged to meet our friends for breakfast the following morning, as we had seen an advert which stated that non-residents could enjoy breakfast for around £12.

However when the bill came - it was for £30! We were charged extra for coffee. Charged for a pot of tea which never materialised (even though we asked for it twice) and there were two separate charges, one for the breakfast buffet and one for the listed options. So in short, we were charged £15 a head for a slice of toast from the buffet and a grilled kipper from the menu - which seemed a little over the top!! We were also not informed of the separate charges for each element, which would have helped!

However, the food was tasty and well presented. Before the bill arrived we were talking about perhaps returning in future. If we had been charged £12 as per the advert, we would have had no complaints - however, we will probably not be back for breakfast again!

Similarly our friends were asked to pay for their room on departure, even though they had paid up front at check in! So, in short, while there were lots of positives in the Flowerpot's favour - I would proceed with caution when it comes to billing and payments!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
FlowerPotSunbury, Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear,
im very sorry as you haven't been satisfy at 100% of your breakfast. I would like just to clarify a couple of point.

The 1st menu you saw, is destinated for the people from outside but for the residents people (your friends which stayed with us) as we changed the priced as we received some complains people which said than paid £12 for a breakfast which included some full english breakfast, toast, etc… wasn't fair as sometimes peoples wanted only a simply bacon and scrambled egg.

As it was a very busy day as father's day, i recognise we should specified about the charge for the breakfast for the non- residents.

Basically, you paid if i remember good for different things : 2 kippers, 2 access to buffet ( which aloud you to have some yogurt,fresh fruit juices, fresh pastries,cereals) and 2 hot drinks(which we charged only for your 1st both tea pots and not for the second as normally we should charged you for all your drinks).

Contrarily as you said, for each tea we give a tea pot per person. I remember than you asked for some more drinks which we served to you (without extra charge!)

the bill was inferior at £30, (which anyway if you divide by 2 is around £15 person, which is pretty similar to the breakfast option at £12 and that included freshly cooked kippers, breakfast buffet with yogurt, fresh juices, fresh pastry cooked on the morning).

I totally recognise than it had 2minutes of confusion at the moment of the check out for your friends as my colleague didn't updated the system as the rooms have been paid at the check-in. But after i checked, we didn't charged them a second time, everything been clarified in less than 2 minutes.

Our 1st priority is the happiness of the customers as it look like you didn't enjoy as much as you could your breakfast,we would like to give you an other chance to enjoy our breakfast as you should normally, and for this reason, i would like to offer you a special offer for an other breakfast experience.

if you could email me @ info@theflowerpotsunbury.co.uk we would enjoy accommodate you for an other breakfast, which i hope you will enjoy much more as your 1st experience.

We looking forward to see you and hope we will make you this time.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 6, 2013

In addition to all its other merits,the pub now does a really great breakfast. Whoever sources their bacon and sausages does a good job: very tasty and beautifully presented. I believe the pub has changed management in the past year or so: it was good before but is even better now. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
FlowerPotSunbury, Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear,
You are right, The Flower Pot is part of Absolute Pubs since august 2012.

We believe a pub should be a warm inviting place, which offers great food, drink and entertainment brought to you by a team who really care.

We don’t want to be a chain of pubs; we operate each pub individually depending on the pub and the neighborhood

. I'm very happy than you recognized our quality of the food and the friendly greeting.
All our meat come from a local butcher which deliver to know some really good Sausage and bacon.
If you like some good meat, i suggest you come a day to try our Steak (from the same butcher) which is very tasty and just sublime in the mouth (and in the plate too!)

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We came from Germany and it was our first stay in England / Great London. So we looked for a rated place to stay that is not to expensive. And all that we found in "The Flower Pot". Really great, friendly and helpful hosts. I loved that big shower in our bathroom and the great breakfast at the begin of the day. And the bed was fantastic to sleep.
Their is a small note, that I like to give. Keep in mind, that you need a bit more than a hour to get to London Central. But that is not really a problem and not the problem of "The Flower Pot".

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jan,
it's nice to heard than you enjoyed your stay with us in Great Britain, I hope you enjoyed London and i hope see you again!