“Understand but nice venue. Better when Nigel was running it.”
Review of The Phoenix

The Phoenix
Ranked #15 of 22 Restaurants in Sunbury
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Phoenix has recently been purchased by Authentic Pub Co who are in the process of drawing up plans for a major refurbishment of the pub and garden. In the meantime we have given the place a thorough clean and 'blitzed' the beer and lager lines. We now serve a range of well kept beer and lager. We have put a small but carefully selected wine menu in which offers a range of wines by both the glass and bottle. We have totally redesigned the menu and now offer a selection of freshly prepared dishes including home made pies and burgers. We hope to close in January for our refurbishment but will keep you posted closer to the time, in the meantime we hope you enjoy the little changes we have made. Hope to see you all soon.
Reviewed September 13, 2018

Nice for a pint but that’s it...however called in for a quick drink last week and the bar was overrun with weekend cyclists. One barman and six people waiting to be served equals us walking back out of the door and having a drink at home in the garden saving ourselves a bit of money in the bargain. The week before we sat by the river and the place was suddenly overrun with 20 something guys one of whom was talking loudly about getting a bit of “chop chop”...wonder what he was referring to?

Much better when Nigel was running the place and used to actually talk to people and value their custom. This is part of a chain and the number one priority for these people is obviously profit. I don’t buy in to the whole Thai theme. It’s cheap tacky and the food is tasteless in my opinion. Won’t be going back.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

The food took an hour to come. My chicken & bacon salad was undercooked (pink), and lacking in bacon, and the onion rings we ordered never came.

The pub is nice, and lots of beers to choose from. Staff are friendly & helpful

Just don’t get food there!

Reviewed August 22, 2018

Eaten in the Phoenix a few times over the years and it seems never to quite get it right. Ate a perfectly nice meal in here but if you have kids I would give the Kids menu a wide berth as what was served up was laughing;meagre and bad.
A shame as my meal was quite nice, but sadly my kids will refuse to eat here

if you compare to White Horse over the road their kids meals are very good

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Firstly, the staff were incredibly rude and unhelpful. The manager was shockingly disrespectful, and down right rude. As other reviews have stated I would avoid like the plague as you are made to feel unwelcome. Didn’t try the food so I cannot comment on that but if the service was a premonition then I would stay well away.

1  Thank mattelwood96
Reviewed July 30, 2018

my wife and i had a great meal , the staff were friendly, we were able to sit near the river and watch the evening activities