“Doesn't deserve one star - terrible”
Review of The Phoenix

The Phoenix
Ranked #13 of 22 Restaurants in Sunbury
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Phoenix has recently been purchased by Authentic Pub Co who are in the process of drawing up plans for a major refurbishment of the pub and garden. In the meantime we have given the place a thorough clean and 'blitzed' the beer and lager lines. We now serve a range of well kept beer and lager. We have put a small but carefully selected wine menu in which offers a range of wines by both the glass and bottle. We have totally redesigned the menu and now offer a selection of freshly prepared dishes including home made pies and burgers. We hope to close in January for our refurbishment but will keep you posted closer to the time, in the meantime we hope you enjoy the little changes we have made. Hope to see you all soon.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

A group of eight of us went for a drink on boxing night. Big mistake . We should have known what it would be like after having to walk past a pile of sick on the doorstep. We mentioned to the landlord about the mess and were asked what we expected him to do about it. - well it's your pub but most people would want it cleaned up . While we were being served at the bar one of the bar staff did the a jug of water to attend to the welcoming mess !!!!

We got our drinks and went to find a seat. After crunching across broken glass that covered the floor at the rear we found some seats. We cleared the rubbish and dirty glasses to another table wiped the filthy table down with wipes from our handbags and sat down. After one mouthful of beer the men were unable to drink any more it was awful !!!! It smelt and tasted off , the wine was dreadful too. After ten minutes we had had enough of the crèche at the back - most of the drinkers were obviously underage very drunk and loud !!!! We decided to leave so left the drinks nearly untouched and crunched our way to the exit the other side of the pub past the toilets. The toilets you could smell before you even got to the - absolutely vile !!!! it would have been a brave person or very desperate one that would have tackled them !!!!.

We all came to the same opinion of the place - NEVER NEVER AGAIN. !!!!!! This pub is truly awful and needs to get a grip and clean up their act in every sense of the word.

2  Thank brentiesuk

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Visited recently for Xmas lunch. Treated well and service was good by meals were ordered before hand . In the summer a good garden on the river and again a good selection and choice off food Feel some of reviews are unfair . Try and judge for yourself .

2  Thank Surinder R
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

After coming to the pub for a open mic night with friends the landlady rudely came up to us and and asked to search my bag for alcohol when i was only going to buy soft drinks. Other people in the pub were perving on my little sister, stating how they want her to come back to their house! Not a nice atmosphere or pub! And smelt of weed! Also alot of under age drinkers in there!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have visited this pub a number of times over the years as I am a local resident in the area. However, upon my last visit here, I had a few encounters with the landlady and she came across as a very aggressive and unpleasant woman. I am very disappointed and will definitely not be coming back here again.

3  Thank Anne3003
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Having walked into the Phoenix this evening i was pleasantly surprised, however with our drink we had a few bags of crisps after tasting they were stale, the rather rude bar maid said there ok there not that far gone! and i should be expected to eat them, well i was not happy with this and insisted on getting in date crisp, I was then challenged by the rather aggressive landlord who shouted at me "I TELL YA WHAT", in front of my 11 year old daughter is clearly not acceptable and i will be taking matter further. well beware people go there at your own risk, and do not complain about anything otherwise your in trouble, me personally i would not be returning there. awful people with bad attitudes

3  Thank kim30kim