“Two nights, two different stays”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sunbury
West Midlands
“Two nights, two different stays”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

At over £100 per night there are definitely better hotels in the area. Upon arrival at the hotel I used the hotel multi storey car park be warned this car park is extremely tight and very difficult use although there is a club car park you can use next door (at double the cost). Upon entering the hotel there is no check in desk (everything is self service) which I personally find disappointing at over £100 per night and when the self check in system doesn't accept your booking. Despite my first impression the room was extremely clean and spacious. On my first night I tried to dine in the hotel restaurant but was told it was fully booked although there were plenty of empty tables, there is no other alternative (i.e. No room service or even a snack at the bar). The only options were a KFC next door and a Chinese takeaway a short walk away, be warned the area isn't a nice one and really not suitable for a lone female to be walking around in the dark. My second night was better and managed to get a table in the restaurant, the menu is very good, plenty of choice and the food was also very good although the service was very slow. Although the rooms are very clean, the hotel is very secure and the staff (when available) are very helpful I not stay again and as this was my first experience of this chain they would not be my first choice.

1 Thank Chilly25
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thanks for your feedback. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay. All feedback both positive and negative is investigated and acted upon to ensure we are offering our customers the best possible service. Once again thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Scunthorpe
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Lovely clean,fresh and well kept both the communal areas and the bedroom. The bedrooms and bathroom were very spacious, beds very comfortable plenty of pillows. Close proximity to the train station, shops, takeaways and a cash point across the road which is free to use [unlike the one in the hotel lobby] GREAT premier inn breakfast.
However stay spoilt by 0215 am fire alarm, it stopped briefly so rang reception to ask if we needed to evacuate no reply. Then began again so partly dressed before exiting via the fire escape route. No staff directing guests or advising us what was going on after about 5-10 mins told to stand on opposite side of road. No fire engines turned up BUT four police cars! Left outside freezing for about 30 mins [some just in night ware and bare foot] Finally allowed back in no explanations [in fact didn't see any staff] BUT everyone trying to get back in at once was a bit of a jam!!
Find out in the morning this was all due to a fight in a room in which a fire alarm was damaged! OK not the hotels fault BUT as no fire engines turned up they must have known this wasn't down to a fire!
Anyway invoked their sleep guarantee policy [as suggested by a staff member] in the morning receptionist pointed out it wasn't their fault, hmm their guarantee states no questions/no quibbling an apology would have been better. Money refunded to our card within a few hours!
Sleep was disrupted due to alarm NOT the quality of the bed, took ages to get warm and then go back to sleep, still feel wrecked two days later!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Poor parking entry and exit
Awful breakfast - nauseating sausages, burnt after taste with croissants
Beds were hard, had fire alarm go off . I attended to a sick person and no one had any information about him the next day
Would not recommend this

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great hotel and staff, can't fault it. Even though it is close to the M3 the room are really quiet, cannot hear a thing. Everyone was really friendly and the whole place feels clean. Typically great Premier breakfasts.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I was pre booked into this hotel for 3 separate nights over the past week and to be honest the hotel itself is not too bad....but the restaurant and room allocation is horrendous.
The first night I arrived ..a Monday, I was told at reception that it was an hour's wait for a table but there seemed to be plenty of space and let's face it the food is not complicated, The following Monday I went to check in and was allocated a room on the 8th floor, out of the 3 lifts only one goes to the 8th and after you swipe a card to get into the lifts it's the other 2 that come and the 8th floor lift tends to stay where it is....a bit of a design fault! I managed to change my room to what turned out to be a disabled room...on the 5th floor and through 2 sets of doors to boot...Wheelchair friendly...I think not!
I went to the bar for a drink and tried to get a table to eat, they said it was a 40 min wait, the restaurant was 2/3 full with plenty of spare tables, when I asked why there was a wait...the answer was that they were all reserved, there was no signage on any of the tables to indicate this. So I went out and about to search for dinner.
This place is badly run and not too friendly at the best of times, unflexible also springs to mind. An expensive experience with a tinge of arrogance attached, I for one will never visit again and if I was looking to book in that area I would look at alternatives.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel. First time was August 2014 for a family trip to LEGOLAND. This went well so I booked again when I had a trip to Twickenham. We only got to the hotel at Bed time so did not make use of any other facilities. But the room was a good size (TV could have been bigger!) And clean.It was a short 300 yard walk to the train station and a 30 min max train ride (1 change) to Twickers. I shall use this hotel again. Would have liked to have a second night (the Saturday) but the price over tripled for the same room. So did not book a second night. Its a shame they do not do a weekend rate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The hotel wS what I would expect from this brand. Check out 12pm which is more convenient than earlier. My one complaint is that prices for each night varied so much. I got Friday night for £30 and would have stayed another night if the price hadn't more than trebled for the next night. Lots of bad reviews for the car park but I have an Audi a4 and I foubd it manageable and spaces big enough if not roomy. And at £5 for 24hours very reasonably priced too

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunbury
The Warren Lodge Hotel
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#1 of 3 in Shepperton
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon...
#3 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Hilton Bracknell
#6 of 7 in Bracknell
Travelodge London Teddington
Holiday Inn London-Shepperton

Been to Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park? Share your experiences!