“Fantastic Hotel as a base for a trip to Twickenham”

Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sunbury
Reviewed May 12, 2013

As a family of 5, we had a good sized family room and stayed for 2nights to visit Twickenham. The staff were very friendly and helpful at check in. We chose the 3 course meal deal which we thought was excellent value for money. The restaurant staff were also very helpful, especially Elaine and Richard who were great with our children. The only thing I would say is that if you are not keen on heights use the middle lift, because as you go up the floors you can see out!. The children loved it, so did I once I had got over the shock of seeing outside as I went up.
If you are using it as a base for Twickenham you need to catch the 290 bus on the opposite side of the road to KFC, adult single fare is £2.40, children were free. It will drop you off by the Cabbage Patch Pub which is about 1 mile from the stadium. The bus ride is about 20mins.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank chompy2005

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Clean rooms, friendly, courteous and very helpful staff. Food good and reasonable for the price. We were with a large group including older children and e everyone was accommodated well. Would definitely recommend for a budget hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2013

As a family of 5, we stayed in a family room for 3ngts to visit Legoland. We had an enjoyable stay. The staff were wonderful: Elaine (she advised on child friendly activities- even gave us directions) & Patience at breakfast time & Libby at Reception. We did have a issue with the trunk bed as very Uncomfortable for our little girl on the 1st night but once mentioned to Libby, it was rectified the following day. The only issue we did have was upon returning each night back to our room late after a hectic day, the bathroom tissue was completely empty & not been refilled. After calling to get it rectified, at about midnight, we had the same problem every night during our stay which was very bizarre, as everything else was replenished i.e. tea/coffee, sugar etc.

The car park was quite tight but my husband was quite all right with parking but I don't know if I would be. Would def stay here again as the staff made u feel very welcome & were approachable & happy to help. Again a big thank you to the staff mentioned above who looked after us.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here for the second time last night as my daughter had an early flight from Heathrow this morning. I was already aware of the car park from my last visit, my car is quite large but I managed the bends ok and lots of spaces available.
The check in was via 'on the wall' screens, new to me at a Premier but a lovely gentleman was there to quickly guide me through it :) and I was also able to book the meal deal with breakfast at this time.
I love the panoramic lift, better than some Disney rides, room great...nice and clean.
We had a lovely three course meal, again the waiter was so nice...I felt bad because when I paid by card for an extra drink I wasn't given the option to add a gratuity tip and I didn't have cash on me, I thought that I must make sure that I make an extra effort to review to make up for it!!
At breakfast it was the same waiter, he had worked through the night but was still so lovely and friendly, bless him.
All the staff were friendly, helpful and smiley...also making a point of asking if we were happy with everything at every opportunity, they are obviously confident that they are going to get a positive response.
The trip to Heathrow is so convenient, quick and traffic free.
We will definitely stay again, Many thanks Sunbury Team.
Sue & Milly

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SiouxP
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night prior to a car run on the Sunday from nearby Kempton Park. Yes, the car park is indeed tight - the spaces themselves are not too bad but the ramps are very narrow - however I managed to get a 5m long car round unscathed.

The hotel itself is standard Premier Inn - clean, well designed and functional. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, no problems with the room - even the dreaded shower curtain wasn't clingy, and there is a hair dryer by a mirror with a light. I do wish they would provide two sets of towels when two guests are booked in, without having to ask - though they were brought up promptly while we had a drink in the bar. The "Thyme" restaurant was standard budget hotel food but there was a good choice, quality was fine and pricing fair - a good job as there is little else within walking distance of the hotel. A good choice if you have cause to stay in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria W, Manager at Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Good Evening MB58,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, I appreciate the time you have taken to do so.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your feedback to the team. Hope the car run went well.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

The car park is extreamly narrow and difficult to navigate, especially when trying to run the corners you will need someone to help you so you don't hit the walls, as I guess a lot of people due to the marks and the multiple signs saying Premier Inn will not accept responsibility for the damage to your car.

It took me a minutre to realise you have to swipe your room key to call the lift could be more obvious. We had a family room which was very nice, clean and quiet with the children's beds and cot made and ready ready for us.

There is a KFC just outside the hotel if you want a cheaper dinner, we had the slightly expensive buffet breakfast which was a nice selection of drinks, hot food, cereals breads etc.

The WiFi cuts you off after 30 minutes and then asks you to pay, could really be included in the price.

• Stayed: April 2013
Maria W, Manager at Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Good Afternoon Buncey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

Our car park was built in the 1960's for the buildings original use as an office block hence the slighter tighter turns than your usual multi-storey car park, however we continuously look into possible a resolution for the tighter turns.

Please accept my apologies that the reception team had not advised on the full procedure for calling the lifts and I shall ensure that your feedback is passed onto them to ensure this doesn't happen in the future.

Overall I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope to be able to welcome you and your family back in the future.

Many Thanks

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel was excellent, not in the best of areas. Not much to see or do within walking distance, but the hotel had a good resturant and a reasonable bar.
The check-in was swift and well informed, the room was modern and comfortable. The security was very good with key card access to lifts and floors.
Food was a good standard, breakfast was quite expensive at £8.50 dinner was good and lots of choice.
Very good hotel, parking was difficult with very narrow driveways and parking bays. Tescos is within a 5 min walk so its ideal for breakfast and snacks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon Frank,

Thank you for your comments, I shall ensure these are passed on to the team.

Breakfast is £8.25 for our All You Can Eat buffet, however we do also offer a Grab and Go breakfast for those with a smaller appetite.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future,

Many Thanks

Maria

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunbury
Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
The Anchor Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shepperton
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park? Share your experiences!