Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park
The Anchor Hotel(Shepperton)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewscar parklarge carair conmeal dealfamily roomhampton court palacetrain stationthyme restaurantstayed here for two nightskey cardcomfy bedrestaurant staffbreakfast was excellentkew gardensgood nights sleepcooked breakfastexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at thiis hotel, last month, in order to visit Kempton racecourse. The hotel was only a 15 minute walk from the course, and 5 minutes from Sunbury Station, so it was very convenient.

There was a self-service room checking-in system that was easy to use, with the assistance of very helpful staff. The room was clean with an ensuite bathroom and flat screen tv. The bed was comfortable and we had a good night's sleep.

However, our problems started the next morning at breakfast. On being seated, we attempted to get a tea and coffee, from the buffet, but there were no cups. After a 5 minute wait, the cups arrived.

I ordered porridge from the menu. When this didn't arrive after 20 minutes, I spoke to another staff member, who assured me that it would be no longer than 10 minutes. After15 minutes, we decided to visit the hot buffet. Unfortunately, there were no plates, and this had been going on for at least 10 minutes before we got there.

After a 10 minute wait, and 50 minutes after first being seated, we decided to go elsewhere. Therefore, we checked out of the hotel, at reception, where the staff were most helpful and agreed to refund our breakfast payment.

Two weeks later, we received a satisfaction form to complete, on which we explained the problems that we had encountered, but have heard nothing after 3 weeks.

This Premier Inn Sunbury is very nice hotel, which is convenient for the racecourse and the station, and we would stay there gain, but we would eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shereen L, General Manager at Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Teresa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at Premier Inn Sunbury Kempton Park. I was sorry to learn that your experience on this occasion fell short of your expectations, and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff, I will share these with the team.

I am sorry that the service you received at breakfast was below our usual standards I am addressing this with the team, should you wish to discuss this further please don't hesitate to contact me on 01932 769890. I am sorry that you did not receive a response to your satisfaction survey. Although we receive the feedback from the surveys the customer information is removed so they are anonymous and we are unable to respond.

We welcome all feedback that we receive from guests and endeavour to use such feedback constructively. Feedback such as yours highlights areas where we could be doing better, and so is particularly useful.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this Premier Inn in late August. Whilst not in the best position it was up to the normal high standards provided by Premier Inn. The hotel was close to a lot of major attractions and provided a good base to tour from. The staff where very friendly and the £22 meal deal was above the average provided by other Premier Inns we have been to recently. Well worth a visit if you are touring this area.

Room Tip: No rooms appear to have a great view. The choice is the high street or a block of flats. However a high room gave us a quiet nights sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Paul,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Premier Inn Sunbury. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed on business at the Sunbury Premier Inn which is close (but not too close) to the M3. My immediate impression on arriving was that the hotel and its surrounding area are not nearly as modern and attractive as they appear on the website photograph! There is a busy shopping mall immediately adjacent to the hotel that seemed to attract local youngsters. No trouble during my midweek stay, but may put some people off. That said, the Marks & Spencer food store is handy.

No problems at all with the hotel which was clean and spacious and the staff friendly and well-trained. I didn’t eat my evening meal at the hotel, but the breakfast is the preferred self-service buffet. There were a couple of little niggles – no hand wash in my bathroom and I had to chase my newspaper which still hadn’t arrived by around 7:30am.

In summary, not the best Premier Inn, not the worst, and more suited to business travel than leisure. I would use it again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear LintonWood,

We at the Premier Inn Sunbury Kempton Park very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Very good premier Inn standard Hotel. Spacious family room for a budget hotel in London outskirts. Ample Parking space. Stayed a second time and was comfortable and staff very helpful. Good Breakfast. Will certainly recommend

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear CrickoMerchant,

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2012

quality basic hotel! the decor and furnishings were of a good standard, there is a small shopping centre next to the hotel and bus stop outside on the main road, approx 4 miles from heathrow airport, £35 fare, £28 back

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Pat,

So glad you had an enjoyable time at Premier Inn Sunbury Kempton Park! We very much appreciate the feedback and are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards