“Great Italian food”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My spouse and our friend both chose the typical italian meal while I went for the lighter version which did not include carne (meat). The first dish was Capaletti soup which is the best I have ever had. That was followed by a couple of salads, some fried cheese, polenta and something else that was good but we could not identify. Next was lovely quarters of galeto (small fowl) cooked to perfection. The gents also had meats and linguica. My pasta was traditional spaghetti with a light tomato and sausage sauce. All the flavors were very good and as you empty a dish more is brought to you. A bit of a waste toward the end as we were quite full. I think the value is very good, for $22 for my entire meal including dessert but not beverages. The atmosphere is a bit noisy but we like that. A good experience and one we have repeated act this was our 3rd time there!

Victoria, Canada
“Good Italian food”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

• Visited February 2012
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“I had seen a famous chef's show when he said that they had he best galeto in Brazil, and WOW was he right!”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I saw a t.v. show with Olivier Anquier where he visited this restaurant and said they had the best Galeto (baby rooster) in Brazil and that they had won the the award for the best galeto in Brazil every year since 1996 and they have already won the 2012 award. The award comes from the 4 Rodas magazine and is considered a very good test for all of the restaurants in Brazil.
My wife and I went there and had the Galeto Primo Canto and unfortunately it was not the best galeto in Brazil... IT IS THE BEST GALETO IN THE WORLD!!!!! without a doubt. The seasoning, marinating process and final preparation could not be improved by anyone. The service is outstanding, very nice decoration and a definite Italian family style restaurant.
We did not try the ubiquitous pastas and capelettin in brodo that most of the diners were enjoying but just by watching their faces and smiles we could tell that these dishes are very pleasing as well.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank 7727
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great choice!”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

A honest local restaurant with the tipical Italian cuisine. Recommended.

1 Thank Alef13
Curitiba, Brazil
“Menor que a fama”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

O galeto é bom? Sim. Porém o restaurante é muito caro pelo que oferece. Sopa de capelete, salada de folhas, salada de batatas, radicchio, macarrão caseiro. Ah, e polenta taste-free: totalmente sem sabor. 3 opções de sobremesa, a saber, sagu com vinho, pudim de leite ou ambrosia. Isso, mais uma garrafa de vinho gaúcho, nos custou R$ 202,00 (4 pessoas). Ainda assim todos optamos pelo rodízio simples (uma única opção de molho para o spaghetti, servido ao sugo). Tivéssemos escolhido o rodízio completo, a conta ficaria ainda mais salgada. Ok, o lugar é super turístico, vale a experiência. Mas não dá vontade de voltar.

• Visited January 2012