“Life Changing”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Life Changing”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I learned many things on this trip, one of which is that I suck at reading topo maps. I also learned that sometimes you need someone's help to get you out of a muddy bog. Even though I didn't get as far into the park as I'd have liked, the trip was amazing. I'm accustomed to marked portages and well traveled trails so I was a bit out of my league in that regard. That said, I saw eagles, otters, loons, and on the way in with the Red Lake Outfitter, we saw a wolf trotting down the road. The Northern Lights were incredible - I've never seen them like that before. Northern Ontario is so amazing. If you're a backcountry camper, this park is a must.

Visited August 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The place to go if you want wilderness, canoeing, and great fishing”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

With only 700 visitors a year, this a great place to get away from it all. Having now done 8 trips, we go to not see anyone else. Pristine lakes, wildlife, fishing, northern lights are all great parts of as WCPP visit.

Visited June 2013
Balmertown, Ont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pristine Woodland”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Just like most of northwestern Ontario Woodland Caribou Park is a true reflection of living in the north, very few people, no noise, no congestion, lots of wildlife. Sunrise and sunsets are beautiful. Access is difficult. It would be nice to have a road skirt the park boundary to give more of the public easier access.

Salt Lake City, Utah
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Douglas Lake and surroundings are GREAT!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Flew from Red Lake to Viking Island Lodge, for the last seven years, for probably my favorite week of the year! Great fishing, and a great organization. Truly "Gentlemen Fishing!" I am certain fishing may be better, once one learns the waters, at the Viking Outposts, but being waited on, hand and foot, has become addictive.

Visited August 2012
Saint Charles, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Viking Island in the Woodland Caribou Park”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Viking Island is within Woodland Caribou Park. A very small camp on an island in Douglas Lake. We enjoy the park, the quiet, the scenery, and the adventure with a roof over our head at night.

Visited June 2012