“A dynamic and friendy new art space”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Seizmond Gallery
Darsham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A dynamic and friendy new art space”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The first thing that hit me about The Seizmond Gallery was that its not like your usual stuffy gallery. The relaxed friendly atmosphere was a breath of fresh air and I felt totally at ease as I slowly browsed the two floors of art space. Sometimes galleries can be a little intimidating and most of that tense atmosphere hangs around them is generated by the staff, the two members of Staff in this gallery however were passionate and charming. They both had intimate knowledge of all the artists in the gallery and were most helpful.
Before I talk about my purchase on the service I just want to say that this is a mixed media gallery. They hold everything from acrylic to pastels, photography to woodwork, oils to pottery. The diversity of work is a feast for the eyes and the work is first class. I was presently surprised to see so many well known artists in such a new space and I think that is all because of the Gallery owners passion and enthusiasm for art.
All the artist is the gallery have a local connection and, as I was to find out, most of them live close by.
Once I had spent some tie in the gallery and enjoyed a chat and a coffee whilst talking about the pieces that I liked and the artist I was pleasantly surprised when, the owner of the gallery offered to call the artist and see if they were free to speak to me. She was and ten minutes later she arrived in the gallery giving me her perspective on the piece and asking me for mine. I had already decided to by the work, but having the extra attention and being able to interact with the artist was a treat indeed.
I have been recommending the gallery to all of my friends - even those who aren't heavily into art because it's such a lovey space and has so very much to offer.

Visited March 2014