“High lodge darsham suffolk”

and 1 more site!
High Lodge Leisure Ltd
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“High lodge darsham suffolk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

What a great relaxing place , just spent Easter weekend there hot tub great , the lodge was lovely clean well equipped , food in the club house was great costa. Coffee bonus , great clay shooting can't wait to get back

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Big_boi61
Highlodge, Customer Relationship Management at High Lodge Leisure Ltd, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear you had a lovely stay. The Costa coffee has been a popular addition to High Lodge, popular with our customers. We would love to welcome you back to High Lodge in he future.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Herts, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

My review is not based on the lodge/break which in actual fact was very nice, it is based on my experience when I got home & found I'd been charged £120 instead of £100 for an extra night which I booked directly with High Lodge (my original booking was made through Hoseasons). I don't usually write any reviews after I've been on holiday but feel so upset with the way that I was treated that on this occasion I'm going to!! I explained that I had been overcharged, and instead of accepting their mistake, I was told that the system said £120 & basically that was that. Although not said outright, I was basically being called a liar as all the staff were backing each other up! I must point out, I am not someone who makes a habit of trying to get refunds just to try and get money out of companies- when I am right though, I will fight my case! When the lady checked with the lad who had agreed the lower rate, he said he'd told me £120- which was absolutely not the case!! The lady I spoke to was adamant that they would not have said £100 & eventually put me on to the manager, who basically believed her colleagues but eventually agreed to refund me £20 after I pointed out how much this had spoiled my weekend & that I was going to write a negative report on Trip Advisor!! I am very upset with the way this matter was dealt with & so disappointed with the attitude of the staff who only had to apologise for their error at the outset and agree to refund me- instead they spoiled what was actually a very nice weekend and left a sour taste in my mouth. Customer relations in the hospitality business is so important these days with so much competition out there- this should never have been allowed to get to the stage where I was made to feel like a liar & had my weekend away spoiled.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank holidayloverHerts_UK
Highlodge, Customer Relationship Management at High Lodge Leisure Ltd, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your review. We welcome all reviews at High Lodge as these are what enable us to continue to do what we do to a high standard, or to make positive changes where customers feel they are needed. We are glad, as you pointed out that your stay in the lodge was lovely, and we are sorry that you feel your stay was let down by feeling that you were overcharged for an additional added on night. We are lucky at High Lodge that all prices quoted are recorded on our system by members of staff should any future query arise, therefore this enabled us to look into your concerns that you had been overcharged £20. Although High Lodge records and that of your own differed, we were happy from the offset to honour your refund as way of recompense for your concerns. We appreciate all reviews on Trip Advisor so will use this review to look into ways we can further improve on this recording service to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just back from a three day break , staying in the Greenfinch lodge. This place is amazing! From the moment we arrived we felt totally relaxed in its tranquil setting by a small fishing lake. Our lodge had a very secluded hot tub that was ready to use when we arrived. All the other lodges were full but the other guests were quiet and chilled out either in their hot tubs or fishing on their doorsteps. On the Saturday morning we had a clay pigeon shooting session with Roger. He is an absolute gentleman. I was very nervous as I had never shot a gun before but he made me feel so relaxed and I managed to hit quite a few targets! He also recommended a trip to Southwold and he was right. The place is amazing. We walked along the massive beach right into the town full of beautiful little shops and then right out to the end of the pier. When we got back my shoulder was bruised and sore from the slight recoil of the shot gun but a session in the hot tub sorted it out! We had coffee and cake in the club house on site and it was lovely. Very clean. Our lodge itself was really nice and had everything you need! The beautiful sounds and sites of the local wildlife were just amazing! I would highly recommend this place to everyone. If you need a break away from it all with all the luxuries of a VIP holiday then this is the place for you! I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Book a lodge with a private hot tub!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Highlodge, Customer Relationship Management at High Lodge Leisure Ltd, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. We are glad you had a wonderful stay in Greenfinch lodge. I will pass on your comments to Roger regarding your great shooting lesson experience. We are also glad you found everything you needed for a totally relaxing break. We would love you to come and visit us again if you ever decide to holiday in Suffolk again.
Halesworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

just got back from a lovely relaxing short break in Nightingale Lodge. We had our wedding at High Lodge 2 years ago and loved it so much we decided to go back for our anniversary. Welcome on arrival was very nice, and even though they were then starting to close for the evening we managed to get into a conversation with the very bubbly receptionist,( Kim) and the very helpful housekeeper (Luke). Our lodge was very clean and welcoming and the hot tub was up to temperature straight away.
Breakfast in the clubhouse is highly recommended, very good value for money.
Family met us for a carvery on the Sunday, and all dietary needs were catered for ( ordered in advance), waitresses and Chef were very friendly and helpful.
Lovely surroundings, and a good base for visiting Southwold, Aldeburgh, and lovely long walks.
All the staff are very friendly, and always smiling and chatty, will definitely visit again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Highlodge, Customer Relationship Management at High Lodge Leisure Ltd, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay and glad you found a warm welcome when you arrived. We are pleased Nightingale lodge provided everything needed for your Anniversary stay and so glad you decided to return to High Lodge to celebrate it. I will pass on your comments to all the Sunday carvery staff regarding your meal. Thank you and again 'Happy Anniversary'
suffolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

My experience wasn't as good as i had hoped. There were 6 of us that booked. On arrival us 2 mums were offered a free soft drink or glass of wine which was a nice touch but then we were told our table number and had to go find it. nobody came to tell us what to do so if you had not been to a cervery before you would have to guess. The choice of meat was only gammon or beef as they had run out of turkey but the limit was only two "slices" per adult and 1 per child however i fear the meat was so thin it would of taken off with a gust of wind. The dishes were not all kept topped up so there was a high possibility of not having a choice of everything on offer. Some people had to wait which meant it was quita a long drawn out affair. If you know how many bookings you have why would you not cater for that and possibly more staff to help keep things running smoothly. Not sure i will go again although the food we did manage to get was quite nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Highlodge, Customer Relationship Management at High Lodge Leisure Ltd, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your carvery review. We appreciate comments on all aspects of the business at High Lodge which help us to constantly improve the service we can offer our customers. Our Mothers Day lunch was incredibly popular this year, so your fair comments will be passed to both Management and the Catering Team and used to help us improve on the carvery service that we are able to provide to a very high number of people in the future. Thank you.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

This was a present from our son for loosing my passport which prevented us from going to Spain. My husband is in a wheelchair which was no problems, we stayed for four days mid week and the lodge was exceptional, well appointed and top quality. Stayed in a lot of Centre Parks previously, High Lodge was better value and higher grade of accommodation. The surroundings were tranquil, we visited locally and tried both eating in and local pubs, very friendly. We both had a massage each at the lodge and even though Judith was extremely busy she called in help which was just what was needed. From reception to owner ALL staff were friendly, helpful and just so supportive.
Thank you for making our stay exceptional.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Highlodge, Customer Relationship Management at High Lodge Leisure Ltd, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, and we are glad you could still get away for a holiday after losing your passport. We are pleased you found the lodges of a exceptional standard and were able to make use of our on site beauty salon whilst here. We would love to welcome you back to High Lodge if you decide to visit Suffolk again.
Tunbridge Wells
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We have stayed in a few similar lodges and this one compared favourably. The lodge was nice and new, modern and comfortable. Nice hot tub and setting. Good location to explore. There is a clubhouse, which didn't go to. This closes at 5pm. Nearby, enjoy Southwold, Africa Alive and Walberswick (particularly the Anchor).

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Dayoff1
Highlodge, Customer Relationship Management at High Lodge Leisure Ltd, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you found our lodges favourable against others you've stayed in, and that you had a comfortable stay. We hope that if you decide to visit this part of the world again, you will consider returning to High Lodge once again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saxmundham
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa
The Brudenell Hotel
The Brudenell Hotel
#2 of 4 in Aldeburgh
Salthouse Harbour Hotel

Been to High Lodge Leisure Ltd? Share your experiences!