Swiss-Belhotel Papua
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Jayapura
Reviewed August 14, 2011

In any other location, this hotel would be nothing to comment about. But in Papua it is an oasis of comfort. The rooms are comfortable, the view superb and the pool was a relief after the heat of Jayapura. The restaurant is excellent with a nice broad selection of local and western meals and has a stunning view across the bay. My only serious reservation about the hotel is the high cost of internet access. In a three week trip across Indnesia, it was the only hotel that charged for internet access.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kdh1716
Acting-GM, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Papua, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2011

Dear Valued Partner,

First of all we would like to thank you for spending time in writing comments, we really appreciate it.

And thank you for your satisfaction during stay with our hotel.
Regarding your suggestion we will review it with my hotel team and actually we have free internet in our restaurant while you are able to have meal or drink.

Please in the next visit you may email me at gmsbj@swiss-belhotel.com so I will be gladly to welcome you .

Please send my regards to your family also. God bless you.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Very interesting to find an international standard hotel of good quality in Jayapura.

This hotel has a modern feel to it and whilst its not the best in the world, for the relatively remote location it is in, it exceeded all my expectations.

The food was above average and the small Swiss style cake and pastry shop was an interesting addition.

Room service was good

Overall service was high

Had an excellent massage in the hotel

Was disappointed one night that the entire public bar area was closed for a function, this is very limiting for house guests.

The hotel is inside a gated area of Jayapura that limits through flow traffic and unnecessary riff raff hanging around, meaning you can walk around hassle free in the area around the hotel. Numerous local Warungs (local eateries) serving a wide range of Indonesian foods especially sea food surround the hotel. IT is not that far from the main town area either which is still an easy walk.

Overall it was a pleasing experience

You can book this hotel with confidence and it's certainly going to be the cream of the crop in Jayapura.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank GlobalCitizen01
Acting-GM, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Papua, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Thank you for your review. I am sure all of our team will be happy to hear . awaiting your next visit. please let us know for further queries. I would brainstorm for public bar area matters. I would be appreciated if you can email me through gmsbj@swiss-belhotel.com for your next stay in papua. I hope you may spread out our nice hotel among your friends. please send my regards to your family.
God Bless you.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

I think this hotel has highest occupation level in Jayapura, always full if it's near weekend & monday.

Nice hotel & staff if you don't like city's crowded like Aston.

Room has fresh smell, altough there are some scratches here and there (probably from luggages), and better not to leave or drop sweet food/drinks upon fridge because they will attract small ants so fast.

So, ..
1. better planning ahead.
2. contact hotel if you want your room ready early in the morning, but they might charge you for 1 night extra, therefore I suggest you to drive slowly from airport and enjoy Sentani's scenery, or just reach hotel first and start city sightseiing.

hotel provide clean seafood BBQ every night (at that time ), kids can only enjoy hotel's swimming pool, which is great with helpfull staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
gmsbj, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Papua, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

Thank you for your kind words, I will pass to all my colleague here
It will be my pleasure if you can personally email me at gmsbj@swiss-belhotel.com for the next visit, I will be at your service

Send my regards to your family and have a lovely day

Sincerely
Erick Herlangga, CRDE

Reviewed November 30, 2010

Hotel is okay with pretty location and nice grounds. Breakfast is good. However my lasting impression of the hotel is the indifferent service from Front Desk (on three occasions) when I had problems with wifi in my room I bough the voucher but it just didn't work well at all. Repeated visits to Front desk achieved nothing and the promised IT people never turned up at my room to assist. On every occasions Front Desk showed no interest at ll and even on check-out I mentioned the problems and once again - who cares attitude? The conference I am helping to organize early next year in Jayapura will now go tot he Aston which is also good and nearby downtown.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank denpasar52
gmsbj, Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Papua, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2010

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your feedback, May i introduce my self my name is Eric and I am the New General Manager of Swiss Bel-Hotel Papua. I just on board last week.

With this email,Kindly accept my apologize for what happen to you in regards of our service in our hotel and please contact me directly to my email gmsbj@swiss-belhotel.com for your next visit and allow me to meet you in person.

Once again,Thank you for your comment and I wish you have a fantastic year in 2011, I am looking forward to seeing you in the future

Reviewed August 31, 2010

The reception has too many miss-communication between reception staff and manager. When I arrived, I was informed I had no room, when apparently they have reserved a room for me. My room has been reserved weeks before. Dealing with this was not very pleasant.
However, the view, the cafe food and housekeeping was fabulous. I was very impressed with the housekeeping for my floor. Very courteous and friendly. The rooms were well-maintained and clean. Internet was on a snail pace.
Breakfast needs some quality control. The egg station has varying degrees of quality and presentation.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank dr4gonfly
gmsbj, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Papua, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2010

Dear Sir

Thank you for the email, May i introduce my self, My Name is Eric, I am the New GM of Swiss Bell hotel Papua and i would like to apologize for your last stay experience.

If you have plan to visit again our hotel, Allow me to meet you in person and contact me to my email gmsbj@swiss-belhotel.com

I am looking forward to seeing you in the next visit

Reviewed November 11, 2009

it's the best hotel in town so far. 4-stars, I think. But, I think they're having a competition soon from a nearby hotel. They have ocean view room which anyone should try to get. Coffee shop is facing the port and ocean. Price wise is really expensive for not a big town like Jayapura. Everything is relatively band new. Staffs are friendly.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2008

The Swiss-Belhotel Jayapura is undoubtedly the best hotel in Jayapura. Its position on the edge of the harbour is excellent. Its facilities are new and well designed. Harbour view rooms are the most pleasant. Service is generally good.

However, the hotel has a major problem which it has not addressed. Four airlines have flights arriving in Jayapura from Jakarta (through Makassar) early in the morning. Guests from these flights arrive at the hotel between 7.30 to 9.00 am. However, the hotel check-out time is not until 12.00 so early morning arrivals must often wait some hours before their room is available. On 17 November 2008 I had to wait over four hours.

Despite this daily occurence the hotel has put in place no arrangements whatsoever to permit early arrivals to wait in relative comfort. Waiting guests must sit in the crowded, noisy lobby alongside chain smoking men. They are not offered so much as a soft drink or voucher for a drink the entire time they are waiting.

It would not be hard for the hotel to provide a special waiting room for early arrivals equipped with tea/ coffee facilities and light snacks.

On four separate occasions I asked the front desk to arrange for me to meet the hotel manager or front office manager to provide these suggestions but nobody attempted to meet with me.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jakartaboy

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email, May i introduce my self, My name is Eric, I am the new GM of this hotel. I know it has been long time ago you wrote this, I hope is not too late for saying apologize for the unpleasant experience

If you have plan to come back to Jayapura send me the email at gmsbj@swiss-belhotel.com