“Enjoyable Stay”

Aston Jayapura Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Jayapura
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Room not too big but have good view.
Front office staffs are nice, interesting have the concierge with "Best Employee" badge with him and he's show the quality as well.
No mini bar set up and no swimming pool but the staffs conquer the lack. So much better stay here rather than stay in Swissbel.

Thank you Aston!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 19Kay88
There are newer reviews for Aston Jayapura Hotel and Convention Center

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

After nearly 42 hours of traveling from Seattle to Jayapura , I arrived at the Aston Hotel. It was fairly early in the morning, so I had little expectation of being accommodated. Instead, the front desk was extremely apologetic about a room not being available, but offered me a shower and a small room in the spa to lie down in
while I waited for my room. My room on an upper floor became available within a couple of hours.the room had a view of the city, was clean, comfortable and extremely reasonably priced ( about $60 US). The hotel was centrally located and came with a full Indonesian breakfast.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2013

When I got opportunity to visit Jayapura again last month, the Aston Jayapura, absolutely, was my first choice. This is my second stay since my first one in 2010. In 2010, I stayed when the hotel was in soft opening. The hospitality and warm greetings from the hotel owner and management I found in 2010, I still got in 2013. Even increasing, they respect their loyal customer. They still remember me and my time stay in this hotel at the first time. They gave me and my colleagues a Aston Jayapura polo shirt each.

Compare to my first stay in 2010, the hotel now is more advanced, included the hotel facilities. Nowadays, they have a fitness room, equipped with tread mill. The hotel also has whirlpool. Those facilities are free for the guests.

Room Tip: Ask the hotel to provide a room with window
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sip3542
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during most of my business trip to Jayapura. Good hotel with good price and warm staf plus they allow us to do early check in. However, i am not sure with the cleanness as I experienced little pricks attack last time I stay here. Excelso cafe is right next to this hotel and for me it just another good reason to choice this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and the first impression was it's a very nice hotel and comfty. but it's all changed when the receptionist told me abaout the room didn't have any windows. when I got into the room it really don't have windows. Wifi was free for only 2 hours a day in each room.

the breakfast menu was good and at night they had live music in the kaimana lounge. the hotel also had karaoke for entertainment. they also had fitness centre, sauna, whirpool, and spa treatment. so, it's quite nice for guests.

the only bad thing about all this privilleges were the staffs seem to slacking off during operational hours probably because not to many guest they had when I stayed in.

overall, the hotel was nice for someone to look for nice place to sleep.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have stayed in Aston Jayapura for a long stay 15D/14N. At the moment, the hotel was still in soft opening condition. Therefore, there were not spa, pool or karaoke yet. However, the hotel staff looked ready and well trained by the management. The hotel management was very understanding and helpful to fulfill what the guest needs. I have had a good communication with them when I negotiated the room rate packaged with dinner at its restaurant. The management always asked me what they should do to make me comfort during my stay. Even more, one of the hotel owner, Mr. Freddy, always greet all guest during our breakfast and dinner at the restaurant. He is a pleasant, humble and good sense of humor person.

Room Tip: Never hesitate to greet the owner and management and tell them about what you need during your stay...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sip3542
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed for 1 night at this hotel. This hotel at the perfect location. The room is good and simple. Make sure you stay at higher floor. So you can get a good view from your room.
I love the breakfast, the food is okay. But, the most i like for the breakfast is the location! (11th. floor) you can view Jayapura 270 degrees while you have a breakfast..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business