“Clean comfortable rooms, but noisy and bathroom let down”

Hotel Mariat Sorong
Ranked #7 of 12 Sorong B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Clean comfortable rooms, but noisy and bathroom let down”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Being on the main road in Sorong, it's a given that it will be noisy, although not something every guest will think through before booking. If you're a light sleeper, this will be your nightmare. We'd paid extra for one of the better rooms which had a window, I've heard others don't, they might be quieter.

Although the bed and furniture were new and comfortable, the bathroom was severely over-looked. We could only get luke warm water after trying various positions of the tap, and the shower was a hose type yet shower head hook fixture was broken so you have to hold it to shower. There was an after-thought pipe leading from above the sealing to the floor, assumably it empties whatever onto the floor from time to time, although we didn't see anything during our stay.

If you need internet access, the only wifi is near the lift on the floor, so you need to sit down at the lift with your computer to get access, otherwise the lobby was a better option. Perhaps one of rooms next to the lift were better if that's important to you.

The breakfast was surprisingly good. Mainly Indo cuisine.

Bottom line, OK for one night, would look elsewhere if staying for any longer.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kym T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have just visited the hotel, my company was holding a meeting consisting of 80 persons there. Judging from the outside, I thought that the hotel might have seen better days, but as I walk inside, it turned out that not all of my presumptions were proven correct.

Probably a typical 2-3 star, the hotel is very close to the airport, only around 15 minutes drive from the airport. The lobby was nice, contrasted with the outside appearance. I got a room that did not have any view, as it faced walls, and had no windows, so I was rather disappointed. The room was nice, the bed was cozy. The bathroom felt like it needed revitalization, though, to my surprise, the hot water was running well.

The meeting room was just enough, and I find it disappointing that there were banquet things scattered here and there outside the meeting room, and also, the banquet team seemed a little too slow, in contrast with services in rooms.

I was fasting during my visit and I find it very satisfying that the hotel provided takjil just right after adzan Maghrib, I first thought that it seemed rare for a hotel to provide it, but they did! The food for sahur needed a little more work on it though.

In overall, I was surprised at the level of decent services, considering I was not expecting too much initially.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank HardyKP
Travelers also viewed these Sorong hotels
Swiss-Belhotel Sorong
The Belagri Hotel And Convention
The Luxio Hotel
The Luxio Hotel
#1 of 12 in Sorong

Been to Hotel Mariat Sorong? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Mariat Sorong

Property: Hotel Mariat Sorong
Address: Jln. Jendral A. Yani No. 1A | Sorong, Sorong 98414, Indonesia
Location: Indonesia > West Papua > Sorong
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 12 B&Bs / Inns in Sorong
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Mariat Sorong 3*
Hotel Mariat Sorong - The Only One Chain Hotel in Sorong managed by Core Hospitality International, The International Chain property in West Papua, the location only 10 Minutes from the airport, in the middle of city and close to Raja Ampat Diving Resort. We give you the excellent service with Warm, Genuine, Friendly and Kind. We have the largest Bed Room, with TV Flat Screen, 60 International Channel, Minibar, Coffee and Tea Maker Facility. We also have the biggest function room near the swimming pool. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Mariat Sorong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.