The Luxio Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsreception restaurantroom serviceraja ampatcleanlinesswifitaxi
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed a night in Sorong 'twixt Manado and Raja Ampat.
I didn't realize the Luxio offers free transport to/from the Sorong airport so paid for a taxi.
This hotel is on a very deep lot with nice garden about 10 minutes by vehicle (car or yellow Mikrolet (small public van-bus or bemo or petepete) from the Airport which is beside the center of town. The older units are smaller wooden cabins and look very attractive like a north American 1960's country motel. Each had adjacent parking. Cute. I peeked in the windows and the interiors looked nice. Farther back the newer (3 or 4 years old) larger deluxe units began named after "flowers " began. My flower was called Caladium. They are named in alphabetical order A through to Z.
Inside the signs of wear and tear of the tropical climate and lack of maintenance were apparent- cracked plaster, some water damaged paint, moss on the skylight over the large rain shower enclosure. Light bulbs were missing. Drapes over the nice windows had to be knotted up in a ball to get light into the room. The AC was quiet and efficient. A few mosquitos bit the only parts of me not covered in DEET ( face and hands) which itching awoke me in the night.at night, Bug spray was provided but It was too late to use it since I didn't want to sleep with that in the air. The Wifi didn't reach the "c's" or mid alphabet rooms. Another wireless router or two are needed in the middle parts of the resort to prevent long walks to the reception and restaurant to get online.
The restaurant served a tasty breakfast and a reasonable dinner. There are other very simple Indonesian style eating options available on the highway near the hotel entrance.
The site is large and this hotel cries out for a pool.
The owner and all staff were most friendly and helpful. Room cleanliness was better than average.
My feeling was attention to housekeeping and maintenance needs improvement to make the Luxio truly "deluxe". I felt it was a bit overpriced.
Transport into town by yellow public bus (Mikrolet) was fast, frequent and cheap costing 4000Rupiah (40Cents Canadian).
I walked around Sorong saying "Salamat Sore (Good Afternoon)" to school kids and their parents. I was led to the big pulsating West Papuan public market ( I delight in Indonesian markets) where I bought a locally made and hand painted, kids outfit for my grandaughter (She was thrilled and put it on immediately- a true sign of 6-year old appreciation) and some Makassar Coffee.
I liked the energy of Sorong and was glad I spent a day and a night there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Kendd
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Like most people, we were only in Sorong during transit to Raja Ampat for a diving trip. The luxio was 20 minutes from the airport, however our room was not very clean, it was way out of town, and was quite noisy at night. The staff while friendly, did not speak much English. Other hotels closer into town would be my pick for my next trip to Sorong.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alexia_264
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Being located near airport, The Luxio is a good choice for transiting although it's not near downtown whatsoever. The room is spacious and nicely decorated. It has a separated living room and a bedroom, each has a TV and aircon. The bathroom is large and modern, but could've been cleaner. I was quite disappointed during my stay here because it seemed like they gave me used doormat and half-used shampoo. But other than that, generally the room is okay. The staffs and service are good, though breakfast is foul. The dining area is located in front, so you got to walk or call for a free pickup service from your room. Breakfast selection is very limited but thank God the food tastes acceptable. I picked toasts and coffee for safety haha. Well overall this is a great hotel with reasonable price. Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MargarethS_11
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Me and my wife spent our few days after marriage at Luxio on late January 2012. Spacious room and bathroom, comfortable bed but with noisy aircon. We moved to a larger room the next day, with living room. Everything seemed work fine. Didn't have time to try the breakfast. Can't find services such as internet connection and spa. Overall as "honeymooners", we enjoyed our stay at Luxio.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marzet
Reviewed January 31, 2012

There are very few hotel choices in Sorong. The Luxio isn't perfect - the bathroom could have been cleaner, the location is close to the airport but far from the beach/main strip, the breakfast is cold rice and noodles. However, the rooms were nice, modern and clean (the bathroom wasn't terrible and was very large and modern) and the staff are friendly and helpful. The Luxio is a good choice if you are transiting through Sorong on the way to Rajah Ampat or elsewhere - much nicer then the JA Meridien for a similar price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple