Hotel-Restaurant La Chaine d'Or
Les Canisses(Le Goulet)
Chateau Corneille(Vieux-Villez)
L'Hostellerie Saint Pierre(Saint-Pierre-du-Vauvray)
View Hotel
All reviewsla chaineriver trafficlovely walkwonderful hotelyogurtmonet's gardenbreadseinebanksstephaniegivernytowpathgatecourses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a great hotel, which is being renovated to excellent standards. We stayed earlier this year and our room had a lovely view by the Seine and was extremely comfortable (don't expect huge bathrooms in French hotels!). We slept like logs as the area is very quiet and - although we are very light sleepers - we didn't hear a sound throughout the night. The food is gorgeous, the service always impeccable (very formal, as always in France), and my husband and I have great delight to have a dinner there when we go to Normandy (usually once to twice a year). I do not mind paying a premium to enjoy a lovely scenery - the hotel/restaurant is just above the river and you will not get better views of the Seine. We took a menu with matching wines which was spot on - I particularly enjoyed their apple tart with calvados and the veal sweetbread.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eleined
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Lovely hotel. Excellent but pricey food (the menu with the prices was given to my husband; I had a menu without prices). View of the church but very quiet, wonderful views of the river from the restaurant. Excellent service. Room reasonable size (a little short on electrical outlets), bath rather narrow. Had shower but nowhere to hook it on the wall, so had to be held by hand.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here for one night in early July 12, and the room we had - at the front overlooking the raod - had mould in the shower and stains on the carpet, which surprised me as it appears to be a pretty classy hotel. However, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was okay, not great, but I did overhear one lady ask for some more cheese to be told there was no more, which did surprise me

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Puddle-Atkins
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We pitched up at this hotel just after 7pm on a Sunday evening on the last night of our holiday after driving all day from the south. We were done in and desperate to find somewhere nice to stay for our last night in France. What a delightful place we found. We had a lovely room overlooking the Seine, very nicely decorated and sooooooo peaceful. We had dinner in the restaurant overlooking the river and the food and service were very good. My partner woke me at 6.30am to show me the river cruisers coming along the Seine and we were up and around not long after that in order to make the most of this lovely place before we had to leave. The little town is delightful as well and I would definitely include this hotel again in a stopover for driving through France.

Room Tip: It has to be a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Travelling around France, this was the best hotel I stayed in, and (having taken advantage of their dinner, bed and breakfast rate) was not much more expensive than some of the more basic places I ended up in. As other reviewers have noted, the dining room has beautiful views of the Seine, and there's a little shaded patio garden as well. The very large propellor on the wall of my room was perhaps not quite to my taste, but it's all part of the attempt to give atmosphere!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo