First, what's good about this place: it's set on a gorgeous, fine sand beach that is totally private. The waves are perfect for body surfing and boogie boarding. There doesn't seem to be an undertow to worry about. They have a turtle protection program, so we got to see baby Olive Ridleys being released into the ocean. The food is excellent, gourmet French meals prepared by a delightful Parisian chef. But it was quite expensive, keep reading.
OK, here's what's bad: as other reviewers have said, it's a bit of a ghost town: for our three night stay, we were the only ones there for two of the nights. It's great for privacy, etc., but does create a strange atmosphere to have more staff than guests. Also, both the food and accommodations are overpriced. As a family of 5, we were spending $330 a night for bed and breakfast. Not so much for a luxury resort in the States, but a lot for Nicaragua. We had just come from a couple of different eco-lodges in the rest of Nicaragua where we were paying a quarter of that for comparable accommodations (but no private beach). So the contrast was striking. And despite the efforts of the owners and staff, there are too many problems for this to have true luxury status: no hot water, ineffective mosquito netting, poor pathways to the beach, rooms not cleaned every day, etc. We took advantage of the horse rental that was included in the price, but the horses were half asleep and wouldn't budge except to go home. And although the French food is excellent, we were shocked that lunches were $25 per person, unless you ordered off the kids menu (which we did). So, in short, although we had a great stay here, there were problems, and we wouldn't be able to recommend it fully unless the prices came down dramatically.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Punta Teonoste. We created a place in which to reconnect with the pure energy of the elements, in a setting of incredible natural beauty. It's our desire to make you indulge into the luxury of an unspoilt surrounding, to see you enjoy our stylish yet cozy atmosphere, the delicious food and the various activities. At the end of your stay we want you to leave with a relaxed smile on your face and a heart full of unforgettable moments. Nicaragua is a year-around destination. All seasons are great for diving and surfing or exploring land and culture. While the months from December to May are completely dry, the months from June to November can produce the typical tropical rain showers which makes the surroundings lush and green. A setting of rock formations, small bushes and trees as well as the ocean promote the significant life forces of nature's energy and welcome you to enjoy your stay with all senses. Punta Teonoste is intimate and relaxed, offering an emotionally intelligent approach to service that begins with empathy. The responsible and caring attitude of Punta Teonoste is the key to an unobtrusive yet attentive service that makes guests feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Punta Teonoste reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Hotel Tola
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge And Beach Spa
- Hotel Punta Teonoste Nicaragua/Tola