A truly unbelievable location for the price! For about $100/night we had a private 2 story hut on the beach! The other guests were on the other side of the resort which is big enough that you never had to cross paths. The lodging was a hut (i.e. shutters only, no AC, thatched roof, etc) including a bathroom that was outside but walled to make it private. No hot water but not an issue in the hot, humid climate. In the night, you slept under bug net which was a little uncomfortable but the sound of ocean waves beating on the beach outside more than made up for it. On the beach, you had thousands of tiny crabs that would scatter and burrow into the sand as you walked towards them [Please note that the waters are not “crystal clear” and the beach does not contain “pink and white” sands - think brown sand and regular ocean waters]. It was also not unusual to cross paths with horses and cows (non-threatening) on the property which actually made the experience all that much more unique. The central lodge was a large open dwelling where you could lounge on sofas and chairs. This was also where meals were served. Breakfast was included in the rate but dinners were not which added ~$50/night but worth it as the meals were amazing. Also, there are no alternative dining options and no other location in the near vicinity. The one recommendation I would make to anyone planning on going is to either have the resort pick you up (extra charge – unknown price) at the hotel or rent a 4x4 with GPS as locating the resort was an adventure that will be remembered for a lifetime. The roads are dirt roads that are unmarked and treacherous. There are no bridges so rivers need to be forded (i.e. driven through) which we were unprepared to do mentally or vehiculary especially in the dark of night. We rented a small Chevy Spark ($100/week) thinking it was a great deal unaware of the state of the roads in Nicaragua. Due to our vehicle state and road conditions we averaged about 5 MPH in traveling the ~10 miles you need to cover once you get off the main paved road. If you do decide to drive yourself, the trick to getting across the rivers, in addition to getting a bigger vehicle, is to drive straight through them at a good speed and stay to the middle of the road as they are only 2-3 feet deep. The one time (our first crossing) we did get stuck, the locals were very friendly (e.g. refused our payment) and helped us get out even though we spoke very limited Spanish. I hope we can make it back before word spreads and our private beach resort is private no more. A remarkable trip/adventure that will be remembered for a lifetime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Punta Teonoste. We created a place in which to reconnect with the pure energy of the elements, in a setting of incredible natural beauty. It's our desire to make you indulge into the luxury of an unspoilt surrounding, to see you enjoy our stylish yet cozy atmosphere, the delicious food and the various activities. At the end of your stay we want you to leave with a relaxed smile on your face and a heart full of unforgettable moments. Nicaragua is a year-around destination. All seasons are great for diving and surfing or exploring land and culture. While the months from December to May are completely dry, the months from June to November can produce the typical tropical rain showers which makes the surroundings lush and green. A setting of rock formations, small bushes and trees as well as the ocean promote the significant life forces of nature's energy and welcome you to enjoy your stay with all senses. Punta Teonoste is intimate and relaxed, offering an emotionally intelligent approach to service that begins with empathy. The responsible and caring attitude of Punta Teonoste is the key to an unobtrusive yet attentive service that makes guests feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Punta Teonoste reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge And Beach Spa
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Hotel Tola
- Hotel Punta Teonoste Nicaragua/Tola