Three friends (Carl and Mike's reviews are below) and I just returned from the all-inclusive beginners surf trip at Punta Teonoste. If you are interested in adventure, amazing unadulterated beaches and perfect waves than this is the trip for you. The weather in March was 90 degrees F every day, with nice ocean breezes, and blue sky. Everyone at the resort was super friendly and accommodating, including our surf instructor Emir, waitstaff (Johnny, Dennis), the manager Roberto, and Pablo who helped us book and organize the trip via email from the US. The food was great and the Tonas (local beer) were cheap and delicious. For a group of four loud gringos that spoke minimal Spanish, the people at the resort were extremely kind and understanding. The surf trip allowed us to not only spend time on site at the resort (which was awesome; the beach is secluded and the restaurant/pool was out of a Corona commercial) but to explore the many different hidden spots (beaches, restaurants, bars) that we would have no idea about otherwise with our trusted surf instructor Emir leading the way (and driving us around). Each day was truly a new adventure. This place is Costa Rica 20 years ago and once people find out about it and the roads get paved, it is going to blow up commercially. My advice would be to get there soon before it happens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Punta Teonoste. We created a place in which to reconnect with the pure energy of the elements, in a setting of incredible natural beauty. It's our desire to make you indulge into the luxury of an unspoilt surrounding, to see you enjoy our stylish yet cozy atmosphere, the delicious food and the various activities. At the end of your stay we want you to leave with a relaxed smile on your face and a heart full of unforgettable moments. Nicaragua is a year-around destination. All seasons are great for diving and surfing or exploring land and culture. While the months from December to May are completely dry, the months from June to November can produce the typical tropical rain showers which makes the surroundings lush and green. A setting of rock formations, small bushes and trees as well as the ocean promote the significant life forces of nature's energy and welcome you to enjoy your stay with all senses. Punta Teonoste is intimate and relaxed, offering an emotionally intelligent approach to service that begins with empathy. The responsible and caring attitude of Punta Teonoste is the key to an unobtrusive yet attentive service that makes guests feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Punta Teonoste reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge And Beach Spa
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Hotel Tola
- Hotel Punta Teonoste Nicaragua/Tola