We arrived at night and were very pleased the staff waited for us. The place is not easy to find since there is only a small yellow sign informing you where Punta Teonoste turn off is from the main road (so ask for directions before hand). Once you make the turn it is basically another 20 miles of mostly dirt road. The road is under construction, so in a year or two it will be a smooth drive. Once you arrive the view is speculator and will take your breath away.
I read the reviews and most are accurate with the description and expense. For an upscale establishment one does expect more, but that did not deter us from having a wonderful time and experience. We did pretty much have the place to ourselves. Maybe because of the time of year or the distance from the town is what prevents more people from staying. The hotel we were informed is under new ownership and slowly upgrading/improving the place and staff. It was obvious with the staff, rarely were we asked if anything was needed. Once the meal was served no one ever came back unless you asked them over. With the all inclusive package, no alcohol beverage is part of the amenities, but at least they make it up with the food variety.
Some of the staff member do go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and pampered and will gladly accommodate most requests you have.
I highly recommend taking the trip to the Hot Spring Pool. Better go now before the place is eventually turned into a resort area. Such a delightful package...the natural hot water, the pate, bread and wine. Since we were the only ones, we were allowed to stay longer which was phenomenal.
The bungalow we stayed in was a bit unusual. The bedroom is up a rounded staircase and there is absolutely no privacy if you want to change, so leave your luggage downstairs. It would be more appropriate if there was a screen and curtains, but the bedroom balcony is all open to the outdoors. As for maid service, only if you ask for it.
It’s still a wonderful place and well worth the adventure. We did get a discount because of the off season; otherwise for the expense, the establishment is quite high for the area and amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Punta Teonoste. We created a place in which to reconnect with the pure energy of the elements, in a setting of incredible natural beauty. It's our desire to make you indulge into the luxury of an unspoilt surrounding, to see you enjoy our stylish yet cozy atmosphere, the delicious food and the various activities. At the end of your stay we want you to leave with a relaxed smile on your face and a heart full of unforgettable moments. Nicaragua is a year-around destination. All seasons are great for diving and surfing or exploring land and culture. While the months from December to May are completely dry, the months from June to November can produce the typical tropical rain showers which makes the surroundings lush and green. A setting of rock formations, small bushes and trees as well as the ocean promote the significant life forces of nature's energy and welcome you to enjoy your stay with all senses. Punta Teonoste is intimate and relaxed, offering an emotionally intelligent approach to service that begins with empathy. The responsible and caring attitude of Punta Teonoste is the key to an unobtrusive yet attentive service that makes guests feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Punta Teonoste reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Hotel Tola
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge And Beach Spa
- Hotel Punta Teonoste Nicaragua/Tola