We REALLY wanted to like this hotel and stayed for one night before getting out of the place the next morning.
With a few minor fixes in the huts and better-trained staff, this place COULD be fantastic.
One of the best secluded white beaches in Nica, utterly gorgeous.
Incredible unspoilt location.
Staff friendly and try to be helpful (when asked).
Gorgeous clubhouse and views over pool to sea.
Rooms look good but designed badly/dysfunctional by luxury standards.
LOTS of bugs. We had to ask for the (seemingly decorative strips of) mosquito netting to be added to the 4-poster bed, only to find that the central fan had been fixed so low in the ceiling that the netting had to be left open above the bed to allow it to spin round (!)
Bug quota not helped by the smelly stagnant water nearby, which clearly attracted lots of mosquitoes.
Lacking in atmosphere - we were the only guests and only stayed one night.
Menu is horrifically expensive even by London standards...fancy European style food and there's no alternative but to eat there as hotel's so remote (steak for $43, shrimp pasta for $17).
Service culture unfortunately lacking - staff were really helpful when asked, but didn't really foresee guests needs...we were the only 2 guests and despite there being a number of staff hanging around, we had to carry our own heavy bags when we arrived and were initially offered one of the second row huts, with no view and in a shaded area with lots of mozzies. When we swum in the pool (watched by all the staff!) we had to ask for pool towels. We were given the wrong key to room, had to wait an hour for room to be cleaned despite being only guests and arriving at 4pm, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Punta Teonoste. We created a place in which to reconnect with the pure energy of the elements, in a setting of incredible natural beauty. It's our desire to make you indulge into the luxury of an unspoilt surrounding, to see you enjoy our stylish yet cozy atmosphere, the delicious food and the various activities. At the end of your stay we want you to leave with a relaxed smile on your face and a heart full of unforgettable moments. Nicaragua is a year-around destination. All seasons are great for diving and surfing or exploring land and culture. While the months from December to May are completely dry, the months from June to November can produce the typical tropical rain showers which makes the surroundings lush and green. A setting of rock formations, small bushes and trees as well as the ocean promote the significant life forces of nature's energy and welcome you to enjoy your stay with all senses. Punta Teonoste is intimate and relaxed, offering an emotionally intelligent approach to service that begins with empathy. The responsible and caring attitude of Punta Teonoste is the key to an unobtrusive yet attentive service that makes guests feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Punta Teonoste reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Hotel Tola
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge And Beach Spa
- Hotel Punta Teonoste Nicaragua/Tola