“Outstanding food in a beautiful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Finca y el Mar

La Finca y el Mar
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Tola
Cuisines: Seafood, American, South American, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Translated, our name is The Farm and the Sea. We showcase a locally sourced menu. Relax and soak in the ambiance of the archi-tec-ture of La Finca y el Mar which was inspired, in part, by sea-side farm-houses in Andalucía, Spain. Open-air ter-races frame stun-ning views of the Pacific as well as rolling hills, flow-ers and rock formations. Buen Provecho!
Los Angeles, California
“Outstanding food in a beautiful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had dinner with my family at La Finca y el Mar and also was there for a few Happy Hours.
Overall the quality of the food is outstanding. It is expertly prepared, the only hints that you're in a small town in Nicaragua are the local ingredients and reasonable prices.
The setting is spectacular, we kept coming back to Happy Hour to enjoy the beautiful sunsets (and drink specials).
If you are in the area eating at La Finca y el Mar is a must.
Reservations are required. I emailed for a reservation in Spanish (my native language) and never received a reply; my wife emailed in English and received a friendly confirmation within the hour. I guess they like US$. Despite this poor start the location and food were so great I'll just believe my email didn't reach them.

• Visited December 2013

Westlake Village, California
“I'd Give It Six Stars If Possible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Rented a gorgeous beach front home within a very short walk to the clubhouse and restaurant. Our group of eight people sat down for the 8 o'clock thanksgiving meal seating. The atmosphere was so festive and all the traditional Thanksgiving courses were prepared and cooked perfectly. I felt that we we dining in an exclusive 4 Seasons Hotel or a Ritz Carlton, yet it was more casual and the atmosphere much more friendly. And the crashing of the waves as a backdrop put it over the top.
This was just one of several great meals that we all experienced at La Finca y el Mar during our week's stay at Rancho Santana. Hats off to Chef Calley and her wonderful staff.

• Visited November 2013
Plymouth, New Hampshire
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We ate several meals at La Finca y el Mar during our stay and we loved each and every one of them -- the food is amazing and fresh and the service is equally as good!

Visited November 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious and fresh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

La FInca y el mar is on the Rancho Santana property located, literally, right next to the ocean. The view is amazing and the food is top notch. Most, if not all, of the vegetables are sourced from the garden on the property. The seafood is sourced from the ocean, just steps away. Be sure to try the fish tacos for lunch!

Visited November 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“La Finca y El Mar = Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This restaurant is all that you could ask for in the paradise that is Rancho Santana. The food is excellent; the service is impeccable, laid back, and friendly (special thanks to the OUTSTANDING Esmeralda); and the view is, well, perfection. You feel like family after spending time with Brian, the general manager. I only wish I had thought to book this place for my wedding. While I was visiting, I watched the events director, Erik, work his magic organizing a sweet ceremony and reception for a very happy bride and groom. What a stylish affair!

• Visited October 2013