Rancho Santana
Hotel Punta Teonoste(Tola)(Great Value!)
$244
$75
  • Breakfast included
Machele's Place(Tola)(Great Value!)
$80
$78
Travelocity
Mukul Beach Golf & Spa(Playa Manzanillo)
$400
$388
Hotwire.com
Hotel Brio(Playa Gigante)(Great Value!)
$31
Aqua Wellness Resort(Playa Redonda)
$174
$104
$365
Hotels.com
Mango Rosa Nicaragua(Playa Marsella)
$98
Arte-Sano Hotel Cafe(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$80
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslos perroshorseback ridingla tiendamain clubhousecosta ricay elsurf lessonssand boardingdestination weddingkids clubseparate beachesan amazing vacationmedical clinicbocce ballfamily vacationnatural beautyhiking trails
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband is from Nicaragua and spent one week at Rancho Santana in September. We all went back on a family trip in November and spent 2 nights....I wish we would have spent all 10 days here. The setting is gorgeous, it's relaxing and peaceful. The food is great, staff are extremely friendly and most of all, there arent alot of people so it's very intimate! Only downside were the scorpions and tarantulas we encountered but that comes with the territory:) We rented Casita A12 and noticed that it was very simply furnished by the owner, maybe a little TOO simple. There was also a problem with the satellite so the kids weren't able to watch t.v on our down time (or when one of them got sick), not a huge deal but I think Rancho should maybe change how the owners furnish their casitas, mainly the drapes and bedding.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank curlymama123
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We rented Casa Guapa house for 7 nights and it was truly a beautiful house. It had a fabulous view of the Pacific ocean. I loved getting up every morning to sit outside and drink my coffee and soak up the gorgeous views. The beds & pillows were very comfortable and house was clean as a whistle. Our house keeper Virginia was friendly and took care of everything and very welcoming. We had the pleasure of having Fredder as our tour guide. He spoke english clearly. He toured us around Rancho Santana and took us through the herb gardens and very informative on all the native vegatation. Ditmara was our Rancho Santana hostess & corresponded with us as far as advance ordering of food to stock in the house & anything we needed during our stay. Damian & Fredder helped us with transportaion needs. I have fond memories of my stay and the people of Rancho Santana and look forward to going back again next year.

Room Tip: Our house was a couple blocks from the clubhouse, so you need to be in good physical condition to walk to and from clubhouse daily. We had no problems but some may opt to rent a vehicle.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank CarolPoole
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Rancho Santana is truly a slice of paradise--not to be missed! My husband and I have been going there each year for the past 4 years and decided to have our wedding there this year. Our friends and family LOVED the resort and were absolutely blown away by the quality of the lodging, food, amenities, activities, etc. "Rancho",as we call it, has really become a five star establishment with incredible attention to detail in all areas.

Not only did they ensure our wedding was absolutely perfect, they also made sure our guests were happy, entertained, and well cared for throughout the entire trip. I even received a courtesy email from the head of transportation reminding me that a couple of my guests had not yet reserved transportation back to the airport, and could he assist in any way. Talk about service!

My husband comes mainly for the surfing- but I love the many other activities such as yoga, fitness classes, nature hikes with a naturalist, and of course the world class equestrian adventures. There is so much to do! Everyone from my four year old niece to 70 year old father in law was entertained and had the trip of a lifetime.

Rancho Santana is a wonderful resort and I highly recommend checking it out for yourself!

Room Tip: The Puerto del Mar Villas (condos) are steps from the clubhouse and beach and are perfect for families with small children as you can go back and forth from the pool to condo in no time
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went with my wife and three kids and rented la Casa de los Balcones, beatiful house and fully wheelchair accessible. It was built on the highest cliff I could see at Rancho Santana and the view was jaw dropping. Had a great time overall. On the not so great side, we encountered a few critters, most troublesome were the scorpions (five or six during our stay). The local service was excellent for local standards. In general a bit pricey.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank AlW1984
Reviewed August 18, 2012

... the classic surfer's dilemma with recommendations .. you loved the place but you don't want to go back and find it too crowded!!!! RS is magnificent .. such a beautiful place where the houses are fantastic value to rent (this was my second trip) .. where the staff are super friendly and helpful .. where the restaurant is likely the best you will find in all of Nica'. Call Matt (matthew@ranchosantana.com) and book a place ... he will take great care of you .. everything from filling your house with groceries to arranging the legendary local musician Joselito to play at your party. This time of year the waves are always on too. RS is a massive piece of land and you feel very secure there ... and the coast still has that sense of being largely undiscovered ... book a trip there, trust me!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends