Rancho Santana
Hotel Punta Teonoste(Tola)(Great Value!)
$244
$80
$78
Hotwire.com
Great 4.5/5
Mukul Beach Golf & Spa(Playa Manzanillo)
$400
Priceline
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Brio(Playa Gigante)(Great Value!)
$31
Excellent 5/5
Aqua Wellness Resort(Playa Redonda)
$174
$104
$365
Great 4.5/5
Mango Rosa Nicaragua(Playa Marsella)
$98
Great 4.5/5
Arte-Sano Hotel Cafe(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
HulaKai Hotel(Playa Maderas)
TripAdvisor
Excellent 5/5
Priceline
Great 4.5/5
All reviewslos perroshorseback ridingla tiendamain clubhousecosta ricay elsurf lessonssand boardingdestination weddingkids clubseparate beachesan amazing vacationmedical clinicbocce ballfamily vacationnatural beautyhiking trails
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I just came back from surf trip to nicaragua and stayed at Ranco Santana. I went with friends, but I can't wait to bring my family next time. I can't comment on the hotel food, because we had a cook making us three square meals everyday. The ladies were so nice and accomodating and it was great to eat authentic nicaraguan meals. What is so exciting for me is the proximity of four surf breaks all within 30 mins. We surfed the beach break at Playa Santana which is right next to the hotel. We surfed a left point break just steps from our house, and we got to surf the beach break at colorados (20 min walk to the south) which is a world class wave. The ranch has security guards all over and you feel very secure. I have experiance numerous petty thefts surfing breaks all over Costa Rica, and never have I felt more secure than in Rancho Santana. In addition we ventured out of the ranch and within 30 mins, we were at Popoyo, another great wave. For me to bring my family to a safe secure location with beatiful beaches and so many surf options close by, is a dream come true.

2  Thank njcoons
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Stayed at Rancho Santana's Villa Paraiso during a surf trip for my buddy's bachelor party. Here's what makes the place great....

1) The location is pretty convenient to most of the great breaks (Playa Colorado, Panga Drops, Rosada, Santa Ana, Popoyo, Gigante, etc.)

2) We had private chefs, cleaning staff, and pool staff. They were all very friendly and very focused on service and our comfort.

3) The Villa was beautiful, spacious, clean, and comfortable.

4) Matt P., who handled getting us setup at Rancho Santana, was extremely helpful. He made sure we had everything we needed and took great care of us.

5) Nicaragua is still a great travel value.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Just returned from a one week stay at Casa Brown... in a word AWESOME! The whole Rancho set up is great - nice people, friendly staff, good waves. What more could you ask for?

I suggest booking your trip now, before the secret is out!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We took a group of four on a surf trip to Rancho Santana in June 2011. We stayed in Casita V-12 which was perfect four our needs. Two bedrooms, a small kitchen, bathroom with running water, plenty of storage space for surfboards, board bags, etc.., and a dining and living area with satelite TV. A staff member cleaned our casita daily and we were totally comfortable leaving valuables in there such as computers, surfboards, etc... We were only a few hundred yards away from Playa Satana which is a really fun beach break that works best on the rising mid tide. After a surf we could walk up to the Clubhouse and have a meal or relax by the pool with a Tona (local beer) and watch the surf. The food is quite good and ranges from local dishes to Classic American foods and is about $7-15. If you want to do some cooking, there is a small grocery store on the property where you can find most things that you need. The staff and employees are fantastic! If we ever had a a question or concern someone was always there to help us! There were some other fun waves in the area that are accessible without leaving the property. Playa Rosada, Colorodos, and Panga Drops are all a a few mintues car ride from the Clubhouse and Casitas! Coloroda requires aa 15-20 minute walk down the beach from the parking area so bring water and sunscreen! The houses along the cliffs are incredible and after visiting some new friends in one of them, I would definately look into it if you have a large group and can spend a few extra bucks. All in all its a fantastic place with fantastic people! Book your trip now!

Room Tip: Call down and speak to Matt before you book!
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This was my sixth visit to Rancho Santana, where we are now building a house. We obviously love it there. There are several changes since my review of 6/2009. The restaurant has a new chef, which is a definite upgrade. They are building a new restaurant with larger facilities and the new pool is complete. This time the waves were huge and the tide high. It created a few tense hours, but everything was ok. Also the road is slowly getting better, not good, but better.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business