We arrived at KBR having spent 7 nights in a resort on the western side of the island. It really exceeded our expectations. We stayed for 6 nights. The managers and the staff are very friendly and efficient without being 'in your face', the accommodation is lovely; we stayed in a traditional house which was detached with a lovely view and an equally lovely interior. The photos on the website don't really do it justice.
The dive centre is very well run and the dive guides are brilliant.
I disagree with the review about the food being bland. When the manager greeted us, one of the things he mentioned was that Sulawesi food is extremely spicy, so for the non Indonesian clientele the chef will tend to take the spiciness down a notch, but all you have to do when ordering is to ask for your food to be 'local style' and it will come hot,hot hot! which I love. I can also recommend the fish which is incredibly fresh and perfectly cooked.
There are thoughtful touches such as hot drinks and pastries after the 1st morning dive and hot chocolate after the night dive. Ample supplies of drinking water are supplied to your room.
I would love to go back and I'd recommend anyone who's thinking about Sulawesi to go to KBR and to dive the Lembeh Straits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kungkungan Bay Resort (KBR to its friends and soon to be friends) is proud to be the resort that introduced Lembeh Strait to the world. Being the first resort in Lembeh means we got first choice on locations. Our resort is located in its own private bay which the resort is named after. KBR is the only Sea Level Luxury resort in Lembeh. KBR is a full service resort which includes The only 24hrs full menu service Restaurant in Lembeh, Capt. Billy's Bar serving American Bar Food and Great Drinks, our full service Tepi Laut Spa (Seaside Spa) does Massages, Beauty Treatments, Manicures and Pedicures, and of course our PADI Dive Center with Equipment and Camera Rentals and 32% NITROX. Come join us and we will put the Dream into you next Dive Vacation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Kungkungan Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kungkungan Bay Hotel Bitung
- Kungkungan Bay Resort Bitung, Indonesia - Sulawesi